1986 Grand National Hardtop

As to rare color combos interiors/exteriors I am basing it on attending every GS Nationals since 1988 all the 1986-1987 Turbo Regals I have bought and who knows how many I have looked at and not bought.

Like I stated earlier its ashame that real exact production numbers are something we would all like to have access to but doubtful it wil ever happen. The one group that is really fortunate is the Corvette crowd. Every year they print the Corvette black book which lists exact numbers for every single option and exact numbers for exterior and interior color combos.

The only other GM car I am aware of that is that detailed was the limited production 2004-2006 GTO. I know I have mentioned it before but the really rare 1987 Turbo-T was created in part by accident. (My opinion)

I am referring to the black Turbo T 1987 model with the WO2 black out package....this was only available a very short time in the beginning of production. The reason is, Buick came out with the WE4 which was basically the same car with the exception being the WE4 had black bumpers. To avoid confusion they dropped the option of ordering a black Turbo-T with the WO2 black out package just prior to coming out with the WE4 in the fall of 1987.

Course back then no of us potential buyers would be made aware of this in advance so their was only a very limited time you could order a black Turbo-T 1987 model with the black out package. One can only guess how many were made. Of the 300 plus turbo regals I have owned....I have had one.

That would be a desireable car. Example of one that in many peoples eyes would not be very desirable would be a 1987 Turbo-T with factory T-Tops and the half padded roof option. Granted it would be a rare combination but it lacks the aggressive appearance most owners want in a turbo regal.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

By the way the WO2 option in 1987 on a Turbo-T was only $100 option...today it would be tough to buy one black wheel well molding for $100. On a Limited it was a $30 option.

As to rare color combos interiors/exteriors I am basing it on attending every GS Nationals since 1988 all the 1986-1987 Turbo Regals I have bought and who knows how many I have looked at and not bought.

Like I stated earlier its ashame that real exact production numbers are something we would all like to have access to but doubtful it wil ever happen. The one group that is really fortunate is the Corvette crowd. Every year they print the Corvette black book which lists exact numbers for every single option and exact numbers for exterior and interior color combos.

The only other GM car I am aware of that is that detailed was the limited production 2004-2006 GTO. I know I have mentioned it before but the really rare 1987 Turbo-T was created in part by accident. (My opinion)

I am referring to the black Turbo T 1987 model with the WO2 black out package....this was only available a very short time in the beginning of production. The reason is, Buick came out with the WE4 which was basically the same car with the exception being the WE4 had black bumpers. To avoid confusion they dropped the option of ordering a black Turbo-T with the WO2 black out package just prior to coming out with the WE4 in the fall of 1987.

Course back then no of us potential buyers would be made aware of this in advance so their was only a very limited time you could order a black Turbo-T 1987 model with the black out package. One can only guess how many were made. Of the 300 plus turbo regals I have owned....I have had one.

That would be a desireable car. Example of one that in many peoples eyes would not be very desirable would be a 1987 Turbo-T with factory T-Tops and the half padded roof option. Granted it would be a rare combination but it lacks the aggressive appearance most owners want in a turbo regal.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

By the way the WO2 option in 1987 on a Turbo-T was only $100 option...today it would be tough to buy one black wheel well molding for $100. On a Limited it was a $30 option.

It really is pretty odd that now you have to pay extra to have chrome, but back when these cars were being made the black-out was the most expensive option. Hmm. What would be the expression I am looking for?

Dennis did you acquire this car from a gentleman in north Jersey? Somewhere near Paramus maybe? It looks very much like a car that was for sale that I looked at last year. Just curious.

Dennis did you acquire this car from a gentleman in north Jersey? Somewhere near Paramus maybe? It looks very much like a car that was for sale that I looked at last year. Just curious.

I honestly do not know at this point, as it is registered to a dealership. But it did come from NJ from a eldery gentleman who garaged it. Did it have a pinstripe down the side?

denniskirban@yahoo.com

My friend is currently travelling until sunday that will post the tan leather 1986 interior pictures how ever, I talked about them in todays email inner circle so that inner circle can be viewed on our website kirbanperformance.com the photo is one of the four photos.

On a side note regardless of what 1986-1987 Turbo Regal as a buyer any of you consider its adviseable to ask does the car have the front frame and connecting brace set on it? If it does its a pretty safe bet the front frame horns are straight and never been twisted. As any owner that has them on their car can attest to those braces only bolt up if everything is near perfect alignment.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I honestly do not know at this point, as it is registered to a dealership. But it did come from NJ from a eldery gentleman who garaged it. Did it have a pinstripe down the side?

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Yes it was an older man, and it had a white tape pinstripe on the side that was very unique, something I never saw before. What stood out in my memory was that, plus how he told me he replaced the springs and also that the drivers armrest was torn. I remember it being a very straight & original car. Good luck with the sale!

Yes it was an older man, and it had a white tape pinstripe on the side that was very unique, something I never saw before. What stood out in my memory was that, plus how he told me he replaced the springs and also that the drivers armrest was torn. I remember it being a very straight & original car. Good luck with the sale!

It is that car.....I have replaced the drivers armrest so interior is super nice now also replaced the 3 plastic AC vents and brake pad....the owner had left over material from having headliner done so, new owner can get the visor done and it will be a perfect match....

I removed the pinstripe with a heat gun....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

On the photos of the tan leather seats in the 1986 T-Type, ...I won't be able to send it to someone until monday afternoon.....as they are not in my computer.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

1287879116.jpg

1287879115.jpg

1287879117-1.jpg

1287879117.jpg