You can type here any text you want

1986 Olds Cutlass Supreme

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hello all! I'm the FNG on the block, so I appologize ahead of time for rookie mistakes. . . I tried digging around but have been pretty limited in the information I gathered. It is to my understanding, that the 86 cutty had the same 231 as the GN. Is it possible to turn my cutty into a GN? Can anybody point me in the right direction if possible? Or should I just drop in a 403?

as far as i understand the 84-87 comp harness gas tank and engines fit right in there. i mean my buddy put put a 87 intercooled motor comp and harnessand gas tank in a 87 monte carlo ss .

As far as making your eninge a turbo engine like a grand national everything will fit and they're basically the same car but the engine in your carb'd NA car is different as far as internals,heads, casting and so on, It all depends on what your goals are for the car. You can turbo any engine out there it all just depends on how much power you want to make as to whether the motor will hold the boost your putting in it. Post back with what your goals are for the engine because for the amount of money you'll probably end up putting in the engine you already have, you'd probably be better off just buying a used engine with all the wiring and ecm. Either way you go you're gonna have to run new fuel lines and gas tank with a new fuel pump.

All said and done I would love to break out 400HP mark. Realistically, I want to get 275-300 by summer. . .

no im not. i live around the corner from HORSE POWER though i know the guys in there. are you in lancaster as well.

yessir! well new holland, but i work in bridgeport. . . i'd like to check out your gn sometime, you going to any of the lancaster or york shows?

Want to get it done quick the least effort/cost? Drop a 403 in it. My old T/A had a mild 403 and ran 13.4. You can easily build the 403 to run in the 12s.

i plan to shes just givin me a lil bit of trouble at the moment. she turning over but wont start. im look into the issue this weekend and if i cant gewt to run HORSE POWER will have her and they will get her running again.

Well the 400hp mark with the stock short block in your car now is probably going to be the max for what it can handle. Anything over that your risking failure of the internals. So with what you have now doing it is possible and your goals are realistic but if you ever catch that bug and want more your gonna have to change the shortblock.

So now what you need to do this is:
Complete top end
turbo headers
turbo
wiring
ecm
fuel lines
fuel tank
coil pack
intercooler
uppipe
downpipe

I may be missing something but that what I can think of off the top of my head.

You can also try the 84-85 non-intercooled version for less money and may be the way to go because the parts can be had cheaper but may be a little harder to find as not many vendors make parts for them and they're not as plentiful as the 86-87 intercooled parts. However with the non intercooled parts it will take more to reach your 400hp goal. ie ported heads, larger turbo, etc.

Want to get it done quick the least effort/cost? Drop a 403 in it. My old T/A had a mild 403 and ran 13.4. You can easily build the 403 to run in the 12s.

x2 you gotta have a passion for the turbo 6. If you don't and you want to make easy power cheap just get some cubic inches.

are you on new holland pike. or new holland new holland. im of of queen and liberty. my car tucked away in a garage on new holland pike.

x2 you gotta have a passion for the turbo 6. If you don't and you want to make easy power cheap just get some cubic inches.

i like cheap, easy power... but i have a LUST for turbo v6 :cool: and i think im gna go icooled... just because i know ill have this car for a LONG LONG time... 57000 ORIGINAL miles

cool man. would like to see what you working with. I GOT LOVE FOR ALL G BODYS MAN... i had a monte carlo ss (86-88) both restored and sold. and i had a regal that was gn project that you can see in pics. but thAt got sent to the scrap. yea the chassie went on it see the pics in my pic area.

nice... i live out in new holland new holland... but right now i work 2 mins from NHP... im just off 30 right now... and the G is one thexy b!tch lol

i work in a dealership on manhiem pike. a buy here pay here. its just kind weird that i sell jap crap cars and so forth. lol.... but hey its a living. and be prepared for all the honda boys out here when they see our cars they think they can smash them. lil do they no they never had a chance why is it these hondas out here swear they are so fast when all they are is jokes lil clown cars. lmao... what losers out here...

i work in a dealership on manhiem pike. a buy here pay here. its just kind weird that i sell jap crap cars and so forth. lol.... but hey its a living. and be prepared for all the honda boys out here when they our cars they think they can smash them. lil do they no they never had a chance why is it these hondas out here swear they are so fast when all they are is jokes lil clown cars. lmao... what losers out here...

i had an 2005 evo VIII and they thought that they could step to me... smh... dont get me wrong, i have an appreciation for ALL cars (that are fast)... but when you're pushing 150HP and have intake exhaust headers and think youre the baddest thing out, i have no respect for you. . . buy here pay here on manheim pike? theres like 5 haha... i might be stopping to pick up a cheap dd... i have a century right now that im using, but id like a 4 banger to beat in

yes they are all jokes out here with it dropped to the ground loud pipe and a cold air intake they think they own the streets. i dont have a beater at the moment but wen i do rest assure it wont be no jap crap. i looking into getting a monte carlo cl. the regular 6 and put some work into it as my every day or maybe even a camaro or a trans am. either way jap crap is for losersd that can never afford a real sports car. take my buddy out in e town. he swearded his 06 hyundia tiburon could smash my 85 gn. on 283 one night he learned that e town to lancaster can take me 15 min. he still to this day is wants to run me again lol.. but he wont see the light of day...

Back