You can type here any text you want

1986 T-Type vs. 199? AWD Eclipse

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MALIBU1

BIG ORANGE
My neighbor and I were cruisin' on the local "street racing circuit"
(US 31 in Indy), and an AWD Mitsubishi Eclipse pulls up right beside us at a stoplight. The next few lights, nobody does much of anything, but I bet the eclipse was running about 20 psi in the turbo. We had a pretty much bone stock '86 T-Type. Anyway, we pull up to another light, look for any pigs, and there aren't any, so we both torque up, and we take off. Obviously, the eclipse launched away from us, but about 300 feet up the road, we blew the doors off the eclipse, and all he saw was the taillights. Classic "American Muscle beats Japanese pile." I know some of those rice burners can be really fast, but I don't care for them. Especially the front wheel drive ones.

Yep, like TRs you never know what you're going to get with them. I have seen very stock appearing Eclipse's running 13.0 and a VERY fast looking one with cage, NOS, external fuel cutoff, etc. run 15.5. :confused:

It's my neighbor'c car, and as far as I know, he's leaving it as original as possible.

Back