1987 Buick GN 5700 miles

very nice car!

should get a nice price for it on there. right now the bone stock hardtops are bringing a good penny.

i bought the 9600 mile car that was on auction the same time as the one you have linked.

weird, when i do my search on Grand National, your car doesnt sho up under passenger vehicles.

just like the ad says

Dealer swaped them for the "white letters" at the time of purchase.

FWIW & IMHO:
Eagle GT +2's or Eagle GT + 4's. Neither one were available until many years after '87, or so I thought. I bought a set of Eagle GT + 2's about '99 or so, and I was told that they were just being discontinued. What year were Eagle + 2's brought out?

uh

Fellas-

It IS a Grand National,,,,maybe he burnt them off, :D .

Just cause its got 5700 miles doesnt mean that it isnt 22,800 times down the quarter:eek:

Still looks like a nice car.

Ty

I bought a set of Eagle GT+4's the FIRST year they came out 1999!!!
So the guy in the add is obviusly wrong, NICE car overall though!!

I asked the seller this question through ebay. Will post their response.

Goodyear Eagle GT plus 4s did not come out till 1999. Did you purchase the car from a dealer after 1999 or what? Thanks

Anyone run a carfax?

Maybe its just me but the fender emblems look a little high also. Look in his 80 plus pictures folder.

they wouldnt

accept my email:confused:

here is the response:

A message (from <twallgren@ruraltel.net>) was received at 27 Mar 2005 13:44:40 +0000.

The following addresses had delivery problems:

<attnetops20@comcast.net>
Permanent Failure: Other address status
Delivery last attempted at Sun, 27 Mar 2005 13:44:42 -0000

You guys be the judge

here is his response: maybe he is right.

Question about your item

Dear johndeeregn,

You asked:
"Goodyear Eagle GT plus 4s did not come out till 1999. Did you purchase the car from a dealer after 1999 or what? Thanks"

Your wrong. I have the receipt from goodyear where it clearly is dated 1/88 and says gt+4 owl tire on the date of purchase from the dealer. If you are buyer then I can fax it, if not then have a nice day.

View this listing now to bid or purchase this item.

Item # Item Title Listing end date

4538701113 Buick : Grand National Apr-04-05

Thank you,
mariob

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FWIW & IMHO:
Regardless, it still appears to be an exceptionally beautiful GN.
Just noting an observation here, not passing judgement:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=1026161

This same seller's last E-bay car brought about $ 28K or so, for a 10.7K mile car, hiow much will this one bring?

The underneath of the car looks like it has never seen a road, let alone 5K miles.

Just noting observations here, no flaming intended.

the seller

Contacted me via email. A real nice guy and I am sure the car is legit. I asked him to come post here to clear a few issues up.

There ya go Gary, another garage prostitute for you.

I better go exercise mine a little bit, beautiful day here.

See ya guys later.

Originally posted by TClassic
I bought a set of Eagle GT+4's the FIRST year they came out 1999!!!
So the guy in the add is obviusly wrong, NICE car overall though!!

GT+4s were OE on MCSS in 88

GTIIs came out in '99 IIRC

FWIW & IMHO:
I do believe that it is all legit.
I also bvelieve it is the most beautiful GN that I have ever seen in pics.
And I definitely know that the bidding is going to go way out of my league.

Originally posted by Wells
FWIW & IMHO:
I do believe that it is all legit.
I also bvelieve it is the most beautiful GN that I have ever seen in pics.
And I definitely know that the bidding is going to go way out of my league.

I believe he did change tires out of preference.

I have a friend with an ultra low mileage 85 MCSS that did the same thing. he preferred the GT+4 over the GT

I think he will get a fair amount of cash for THAT car...

I wonder what his reserve is. My 87 has 5600 miles and is an Astroroof which is far more rare. I'm thinking about selling this spring.....what do you all think is a fair price. The car is very close to perfect and is as good as they came out of the showroom. I have removed the original tires (have them in storage) and I had the headliner replaced. The liner above the sunroof was starting to drop so I decided to have everything including the visors done at the same time (so it would match perfectly). The car is all original down to the plug wires....no mods. What is a realistic price for my car?

FWIW & IMHO:
Say, this sure died down just as fast as it began. Did somebody buy this outside of E-bay? I expected this car to set a new all time high record fora GN on E-bay.