1987 Buick Grand National GNX #498 (eBay)

theMonch

2QIK4U
Just found this last night.

eBay Motors: Buick : Grand National (item 290254112621 end time Aug-25-08 17:00:00 PDT)

Pretty interesting. Even if it could be gotten for the 40,000 + 5,000 to finish at $45,000, I still dont think it is worth it due to the fact of a total restoration that includes mods that de-value it and the close to 82,000 miles that are on the clock.

I base this on the fact that #11 (which is notable as being the first available to gen public) with 32,000 miles is for sale for $65,000 on eBay as well. This car was also recently just sold to the current seller, for what I would have to assume to be less than the 65k it is selling for now.

Just throwing it out there.

What are your opinions.

I agree with your concerns about the originality of 498, but a few years from now the price will probably seem quite reasonable (you never pay too much, you just buy too early sometimes). As I've said before, it is a tough sell in an "in-between" state.

As far as number 11, it was NOT the first available to the general public (just some hype from the dealer-seller). It has been in this dealer's possession and for sale since last year so it has NOT recently changed hands to a new owner.

However, the low build number does add some desirability. And his Buy-It-Now price is pretty reasonable-- it's in fact lower than he was offered earlier this year.

Guess we'll all see how this plays out...

Just found this last night.

eBay Motors: Buick : Grand National (item 290254112621 end time Aug-25-08 17:00:00 PDT)

Pretty interesting. Even if it could be gotten for the 40,000 + 5,000 to finish at $45,000, I still dont think it is worth it due to the fact of a total restoration that includes mods that de-value it and the close to 82,000 miles that are on the clock.

I base this on the fact that #11 (which is notable as being the first available to gen public) with 32,000 miles is for sale for $65,000 on eBay as well. This car was also recently just sold to the current seller, for what I would have to assume to be less than the 65k it is selling for now.

Just throwing it out there.

What are your opinions.

Thanks Doug,

I was unclear if the #11 actually sold recently or not. I had seen post (here or another board) mentioning it's sale earlier this year and was going on that assumption. Still if that #256 on Craigslist is for real at first $43,000 takes it, then I would imagine that this car will have a hard time selling for more.