1987 Buick Regal T-Type in Mint Condition! In Florida

2nd Opinions..

Have the shop you want to do the repairs recommend one for you to take it to for another estimate.

I went through this once. I had to submit a claim to a business that damaged my paint by overfilling the Powermaster. Manager took the cap to an aerosol can and scooped the excess brake fluid out. Dripped all over my front end. Turns out to be an excellent paint remover! :eek: Required me to get 3 estimates. Had an estimate from the shop that I wanted to use (lowest), another from a shop my body guy knew/recommended (higher) and MAACO(surprisingly - highest).

Hope that helps!

Only problem is i work at the dealership where the car is at,im not so sure they would recommend one without looking at me cross....eyed.

I was hoping to find a b/s and then i could say that this is a shop that the guy who cracked up the car wants to take it too.....

Just an All around Hot Mess!

I think you should park the car at the deputy's house. You just need to negotiate the purchase price now, since he did all the work to get you where you are today.

I think you should park the car at the deputy's house. You just need to negotiate the purchase price now, since he did all the work to get you where you are today.

I agree. If someone done that to ANY of my cars....even my POS LeSabre T-type...I'd expect them to pay for the repair in full...no if's, and's or but's.:mad: It's "other" people that normally tears up your personal items....even if it's just a power tool or a car. Nobody cares for your personals belongings as much as the owner does.

People never have respect for something unless they earn it. Free stuff just isn't worth anything to people.

This guy's free ride is hurting him now, and now he wants to take it back. You can bet his friend (who probably wrecked the car) and their wives are giving them hell about it because they didn't do anything but now they have to pay!

I just love law enforcement.

Don't let this beansack intimidate you.

If he is a family friend, ask your family with help in getting him to toe the line.

This is his fault, not yours.

Ask for a police report on the accident, if he doesn't have one, ask why.

Then ask what his superiors would feel about one of theirs being involved in an unreported (hit and run) accident with damages in excess of 10K...

He's in a pretty bad spot here, and you cannot let his position of authority threaten you when it comes to making things right.

HE is the one who F'ed up, not you, and that fact is in your favor.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but your pal is a total dooshnozzle, plain and simple.

Each and every action he has taken since FOOKING YOUR CAR UP has shown this fact to be true.

I have feelers out looking for reputable shops in your area to work with.

I know many people in the business.

I hope to have some recommendations for you by mid day Friday.

I will ask you to ask and answer this question to yourself.

What did you do to your buddy to deserve this kind of treatment by him?

Once you have answered yourself honsestly, perhaps you should ask the same question of the Deputy.

This sucks, but is easily handled. He flouts the bill for the repairs or buys the car for your asking price and deals with the repairs himself.

There is no way around it for a true friend. You borrow something and don't return it the way you got it, you make it right. I borrowed some rims/tires from a buddy and messed up his tires. Guess what he got brand new 170 each tires, because it is the right thing to do. No if ands or buts about it.

I hope this ends up in your favor and things get sorted out the civilized way. Without lawyers and such involved.

This sucks, but is easily handled. He flouts the bill for the repairs or buys the car for your asking price and deals with the repairs himself.

There is no way around it for a true friend. You borrow something and don't return it the way you got it, you make it right. I borrowed some rims/tires from a buddy and messed up his tires. Guess what he got brand new 170 each tires, because it is the right thing to do. No if ands or buts about it.

I hope this ends up in your favor and things get sorted out the civilized way. Without lawyers and such involved.
My so called 'Close" friend has Not even called me once since this all went down last friday night.
I actually made contact today with the Sheriff's insurance company today,they will have an adjuster at the body shop this coming Wednesday to assess the damages. The lady was very nice and she said "if we owe you money then we want to pay" i just about fell off my seat when she said that...
So i will update this thread Wednesday after the adjuster Hopefully does the right thing!

People never have respect for something unless they earn it. Free stuff just isn't worth anything to people.

This guy's free ride is hurting him now, and now he wants to take it back. You can bet his friend (who probably wrecked the car) and their wives are giving them hell about it because they didn't do anything but now they have to pay!

I just love law enforcement.
He actually gave me a i don't care attitude earlier today,when i mentioned that i would seek Legal Advice then i had his Attention.....

Center Caps From World of Motor Works....

What a mess i know....

I have been meaning to post a Postive comment about the Quality of the Center Caps from World of Motor Works....

The caps that Paul sells there that come with the clips attached Really work!

As you know my car was involved in a pretty Hard collision with a side walk just a week ago,it hit so hard that i'm in need of replacing my frame in the car.

My point is the Center Cap Never came off the wheel,i know a lot of people complain about the GNX/GTA Style wheel center caps always coming off from just normal bumps in the road,but Not these!

Thanks Paul for selling Quality Products like these....

I have been meaning to post a Postive comment about the Quality of the Center Caps from World of Motor Works....

Can you post a link to those center caps? My firebirds all need them, and the reason I haven't bought any yet is just the problems you describe.

If that problem has been solved, I need them!!

Thanks in advance...

Center caps

Can you post a link to those center caps? My firebirds all need them, and the reason I haven't bought any yet is just the problems you describe.

If that problem has been solved, I need them!!

Thanks in advance...
Look at post #28 and #29 in this thread and you can clearly see them. Trust me the rear rim is smashed a lot worse than the photo shows. I'll get a better picture of it Monday.

I mean I need the link to BUY it...

You have already convinced me that I need them! :cool:

have you heard back yet from the ins. co. and if they happen to total the car make sure you buy it back from the Ins. Co. if
they will let you,cause the tranny, rear diff and alot of other parts are new or fresh!! thanks
but do not let the Ins. Co. know all this
Ron

Sorry to see you go through this a good frame shop should be able to take care of it.Still an awsome car.Take Care,AL.

He actually gave me a i don't care attitude earlier today,when i mentioned that i would seek Legal Advice then i had his Attention.....
Bad situation....but do what you have to do!!! Fix her make it better and keep it!

have you heard back yet from the ins. co. and if they happen to total the car make sure you buy it back from the Ins. Co. if
they will let you,cause the tranny, rear diff and alot of other parts are new or fresh!! thanks
but do not let the Ins. Co. know all this
Ron

The diff is most likely bent and internally damaged at this point. A sideways hit like that will usually tweak the axle tube, hurt the axle and ruin the bearings.

What a bummer indeed!....I had a '64 Corvette Coupe that I put a front end on back in the late '70's. The car
turned out really nice after 3 months of working on it. I went out one morning to go to work, half asleep, started
it to let it warm up, went to get out, the car jumped forward and hit another car I had parked behind. I forgot to
put it in nuetral! I was sick about it all day! Here is a WO2 car I'm working on...don't know if I'll ever finish it though! 87 Regal W02 7-09-11a.jpg87 Regal W02 7-10-11aa.jpg