You can type here any text you want

1987 Center Caps Mount

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

asghert

Took my GN to a local shop to have my wheels taken off, had them stripped and powdercoated. Took them back to be put on and for some reason they can't figure out how to mount the caps. I drove down the road and one flew off. Anyone got any advise. Seems like a hokie setup to me.

It's WAY TOO simple. Just hold it in place and screw on 2-3 lug nuts across from each other. DO NOT try pusing them on with the lug nuts installed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did mine the same way as Dave suggests but I bent the metal prongs towards the cap...otherwise the lug nuts would get caught on the prongs and try to twist them...just bend them in a little

Yup, just hold them on and thread 2-3 of the nuts on making sure they get a hold of the metal tangs. Once you have all of the lugs on & torqued, make sure the cap is tight and you;re good to go. Never had one fall off doing it that way.

Back