You can type here any text you want

1987 GN 37k miles low optioned, Baer's etc...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

efi-street

Well, a sad day has come at my house. Due to the slow housing market and constant prodding from the IRS for more money I have decided to put up my baby for possible sale.

This car is one of the lowest optioned GN's produced as you can see from the RPO decal.
Options are power windows and G80 posi.
No cruise, no tilt, no power locks, no power seat, hardtop, RADIO DELETE (though currently has a very nice EQ 1987 radio installed.
I bought this car 4 years ago with 31k miles on it (carfax documented no accidents), and have driven it to the nats in BG each year since.
Deviations from stock are:
13" Baer front brakes
17x8 and 17x9.5 Boyd mesh wheels with black powder coated centers and polished lips.
255 and 275 Kumho's (rears have about 600 miles and fronts have about 1k miles)
Stainless exhaust and 3" TH DP
Adjustable FPR with walbro FP
Chrome mass air pipe and up pipe with K&N
Thrasher 93 chip
Scanmaster, boost, oil press, and temp gauges.
Console riser

This car is immaculate with the exception of the following blemishes:
-Car was repainted about 5 years ago and was extremely well done, except they didn't paint the original bumper fillers for some reason. They show well when detailed, but oxidize very quickly. (can have repainted for serious buyers)
-Headliner has started to sag in a couple of places. (I can have replaced for serious buyers)
- There is a small spot on the driver's side rear quarter where something (brake fluid maybe) checked the paint before I got the car. Not really noticable unless pointed out.

That said, this car has never failed to get a trophy in every local or regional show it's been entered in. Taking best BOP in 3 straight in the larger local show.

She has never seen anything but Mobil One as long as I've had her.
Those who know me know that I baby my cars and many have seen and photographed this car over the past few years at the nats.

IIRC I have all stock parts except for the exhaust that can return this car to stock, including the factory brakes/spindles, wheels (still shod with the ORIGINAL TIRES).

I also would consider selling the car with stock wheels/tires/brakes/spindles for $1k less if someone wants to do that.

Price is $21,000 firm. If you want to make disparaging comments about my pricing, don't bother. I owned turbo buicks for 11 years now and know the value of these cars better than most, having sold 5 of them on this board previously.

I would possibly consider trade for a nice '86-87 T-type,TTA, or Syclone in the $10k range plus $10-11k on your end, though I am not available to travel long distances from the Atlanta, GA area.

3 pages of pics are at Image gallery

And, yes, I will probably cry when she leaves my garage for good, but I have to do what I think is best for my family right now.

how about a 2003 vw passat glx v6,grey,60k,exc. plus 10gs cash...... or 2002 ram 1500 quad cab 4x2,red,getting rebuilt motor now, exc,69k, plus 10 gs also....im in so.florida
mikeygold@yahoo.com

Well, a sad day has come at my house. Due to the slow housing market and constant prodding from the IRS for more money I have decided to put up my baby for possible sale.

This car is one of the lowest optioned GN's produced as you can see from the RPO decal.
Options are power windows and G80 posi.
No cruise, no tilt, no power locks, no power seat, hardtop, RADIO DELETE (though currently has a very nice EQ 1987 radio installed.
I bought this car 4 years ago with 31k miles on it (carfax documented no accidents), and have driven it to the nats in BG each year since.
Deviations from stock are:
13" Baer front brakes
17x8 and 17x9.5 Boyd mesh wheels with black powder coated centers and polished lips.
255 and 275 Kumho's (rears have about 600 miles and fronts have about 1k miles)
Stainless exhaust and 3" TH DP
Adjustable FPR with walbro FP
Chrome mass air pipe and up pipe with K&N
Thrasher 93 chip
Scanmaster, boost, oil press, and temp gauges.
Console riser

This car is immaculate with the exception of the following blemishes:
-Car was repainted about 5 years ago and was extremely well done, except they didn't paint the original bumper fillers for some reason. They show well when detailed, but oxidize very quickly. (can have repainted for serious buyers)
-Headliner has started to sag in a couple of places. (I can have replaced for serious buyers)
- There is a small spot on the driver's side rear quarter where something (brake fluid maybe) checked the paint before I got the car. Not really noticable unless pointed out.

That said, this car has never failed to get a trophy in every local or regional show it's been entered in. Taking best BOP in 3 straight in the larger local show.

She has never seen anything but Mobil One as long as I've had her.
Those who know me know that I baby my cars and many have seen and photographed this car over the past few years at the nats.

IIRC I have all stock parts except for the exhaust that can return this car to stock, including the factory brakes/spindles, wheels (still shod with the ORIGINAL TIRES).

I also would consider selling the car with stock wheels/tires/brakes/spindles for $1k less if someone wants to do that.

Price is $21,000 firm. If you want to make disparaging comments about my pricing, don't bother. I owned turbo buicks for 11 years now and know the value of these cars better than most, having sold 5 of them on this board previously.

I would possibly consider trade for a nice '86-87 T-type,TTA, or Syclone in the $10k range plus $10-11k on your end, though I am not available to travel long distances from the Atlanta, GA area.

3 pages of pics are at Image gallery

And, yes, I will probably cry when she leaves my garage for good, but I have to do what I think is best for my family right now.

very very nice looking car at a good price:cool:

Interesting trades +$10k or more are welcome. 11secmonster, if I can't get anything else worked out by the end of the year, I may contact you, however, at this time, I have too many daily driver type vehicles and would rather work trades involving enthusiast type vehicles.

Serious inquiries, email me for phone number.

Forgot that I had the car dyno'd last spring. These are 3 back to back runs on a 90 degree day 16 psi boost.

Now $20,000 firm.

Attachments

• dynosmall.jpg
    dynosmall.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 2,417
  • GN(Small).jpg
    GN(Small).jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 2,557
Clay, I think I saw a bug splat on the car in one of the pics...What up wit dat?? : )

Very clean car...I'm seen it in person and liked it enough to own it. Complete package there. Sorry to hear of your misfortune...Know you hate to sell it.

Hehe, a couple of the pics were right after I got back from the nats...long bug covered drive lol.
Tks.

Awesome car! Worth every penny!!!

Good luck with the sale!

Clay: That is a beautiful car and I wish that I was back in that area to check it out. Good luck with the sale and sorry to hear of you having to sell.

Car is clean as hell, can't believe you're selling.

Still got the Evo?

Well, if our house sells first, the car will no longer be on the market.
Oh, and I traded the EVO for the SRT8.

That is a Real Beauty indeed, I hope go's well with your home so you can keep your Gn. Happy New Year and best wishes to you and yours.

Back