1987 GN For Sale in NJ

chris1

Well, here is it for the 2nd time, as the E-Bay fell through after a month of headaches (go figure); e-mail me or call me directly at home if you are interested; I can e0mail pics from work, as I still have a dial-up modem at home, and it takes forever to send them....

1987 Buick Grand National – 62,510 Miles – 3rd Owner

All the normal GN options plus the following:

Power Driver’s Seat
Factory Locking T-Tops
Twilight Sentinel
Factory Alarm
Concert Sound II Stereo Cassette w/ EQ (completely refurbished by GM)

Overall Condition: Car is located in Waldwick, NJ (near Paramus)

The car is in excellent condition, I would rate it at a 7 overall on a scale of 1-10. The original owner’s manual and folder, warranty information booklet, maintenance schedule, and Delco radio manual in the glove box have the name of the original owner who bought it from Amon Buick in Rahway, NJ on 6/23/87. It was the sold to the 2nd owner on 6/27/88 when it had 6,668 miles on it. The 2nd owner had it for the next 14 years. I bought it from the second owner in December of 2002 with 45,247 miles on it. It now has 62,510 miles on it. I have a clean CarFax Vehicle History Report that I pulled on 12/12/04. The car runs excellent, is super quick, and idles very smoothly. It does not blow any smoke and doesn’t drip any fluids, except for a small oil leak at the rear mail seal, which is typical for these cars and is not a major issue to be replaced. A/C blows ice cold, and has a new pressure switch. It just legitimately passed NJ inspection at the Paramus, NJ inspection station in October 2004. The oil has been changed every 2,500 miles, and the larger AC Delco PF-52 oil filter has always been used. The car has been to Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ one time since I have owned it this past August 2004 for Buick Weekend, and it ran a best time of 12.92 @106 mph with an easy launch of only 2-3 pounds of boost in 90 degree temps on street radials. With lower air temps, slicks, and more boost at launch, I’m guessing it would be in the low to mid 12’s no problem.

Engine Mods: (all work performed by Ron’s Custom Automotive in Kenilworth, NJ)

TA-60 Turbo with PTE .63 housing
Adjustable Wastegate
009 Injectors
SMC Alcohol Injection
Red Armstrong 93 Chip
RJC Powerplate
Red’s XP Plus Fuel Pump & new gas tank
Kirban Adj. Fuel Regulator
Hot-Wire Kit
Magnecore 8.5mm Wires
Quad-Air Volt Booster
Engine Torque Strap
8” K&N Air Filter
K&N (2) valve cover breathers
160 degree thermostat
Kirban Stainless Steel thermostat housing
7 lb. radiator cap
Chrome turbo cover and up-pipe
EFI rail mounted fuel pressure gauge

Transmission:

All stock
Fluid & Filter Change Nov. 2002
Smooth, firm shifts, no flaring

Rear:

G80 Limited-Slip Differential
All stock

Suspension:

New Monroe shocks
New rear coil springs
Kirban connecting front brace
Kirban underhood brace kit
Kirban rear seat brace kit
Kirban front frame braces

Exhaust:

Terry Houston S/S 3” Downpipe with “Jersey Style” dump cut-out
Terry Houston S/S 3” complete cat-back exhaust
Dynomax Performance Mufflers
New performance cat-converter
Driver’s side header has been repaired

Wheels/Tires:

Stock rims
P215 /65/ R15 Dunlop GT Qualifiers

Exterior:

The paint is in pretty good overall condition for being 18 years old; the hood and roof have some spider-webbing and flaking; trunk and rear spoiler (slightly faded on the ends) are still in good shape; it has no dents, and just a small amount of normal rust for a GN consisting of a small rust bubble (about 2-3 inches) in the paint that is starting to form on the lower front quarter panel on the passenger side, a small rust hole on the inner left truck deck, and some rust around the t-top weather stripping. All emblems are in good condition. Car has blackout covers on the front parking lights.

Interior:

The interior is in mint condition, with no rips in any of the seats, rugs, head liner or quarter panels. The center console and storage compartment/door are in excellent condition. The locking T-Tops are in excellent condition, however will drip slightly if you take it through a car wash. The weather stripping around the t-tops shows some wear, and will need to be replaced. Original T-Top bags are included. The only mods to the interior are the dual A-pillar gauge pod which has a VDO 30 lb. boost gauge, and a Casper’s LED Knock Gauge, and the controller for the SMC Alky Kit. The rear window and 2 rear side windows are tinted. Original owner’s manual and packet are included. It has black floor mats, and the 2 front mats have the “Turbo 6” logo on them. The grey paint on the glove box door around the lock mechanism is slightly faded.

Trunk:

All original with spare tire & jack
New spare tire filler panel
Kirban rear seat/trunk brace kit

New Parts Include:

New/rebuilt Powermaster Unit
New front brakes with dust shields
New updated crank sensor
New AC Delco Battery & hold down bracket
New Oil Cooler Lines
New radiator & hoses/bypass hose
New serpentine belt
New overflow & washer tanks
New washer pump
New front hood support struts
New O2 sensor
New TPS
New IAC Motor
New EGR Valve & Filter
New MAT sensor
New CTS (Coolant Temperature Sensor)
New Wastegate Solenoid and hoses
New shifter handle and related hardware
New driver’s side power lock switch

Price:

Asking $9,800 or Best Offer
Contact Chris @
Home: (201) 447-4188
Work: (201) 573-4110 X 3530
Cell: (610) 360-5836
E-mail home: chris1761@cs.com
E-mail work: chris.rainey@mbusa.com

I also just listed it on E-Bay if you want to see some pics; auction # is 4529284692; auction ends on 2/25/05....