You can type here any text you want

1987 Gn

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

g8trhtr

hwat are the 87 Gn going fof? t-tops orignal paint 34,000 miles great condition

Thank you for your brilliant insight

Thanks for your brillant post full of information to give anyone and idea for an answer for your question. Does it have mods? Salvage title? Options? Interior (good or bad)? Wheels? How many owners? Maybe even a link to the prospect vehicle you are inquiring about.

I have in my possesion, 2 NOS in the original GM packaging and wrappers, 2 I say, brand spanking new whatchamacallits.make me an offer I can't refuse:biggrin:

I was shoppong for an '87 GN, the car is stock with 34,000 miles on it, main seal leaks. a few chips here an there, nothing special to say about it. was interested in what the value of the car is in today's market. I thought that I would poll the experts.

Not to be cute; but with that discription; somewhere between $2500 and $35,000. The rear main is a pain to fix; but not that big of a deal. But; there's got to be a lot more to the car.

You really need someone to get a look at the car and give you an estimate. I went to look at a 1970 Plymouth Superbird with 2400 miles on it for a friend. The car was mostly rust and dust; but otherwise original. The owner had heard of one going for $1,000,000; and thought his was worth at least $250,000. I told him for that price I'd take two; one to sh*t on; and one to cover it up with. He was still screaming when I closed the car door and drove away.

Thanks Joe. I really do not know what else to say. I do not know what to look for in the car.. as well as you guys . The car is stock...no mods, no pwr windows or locks, leaks oil, tops, gnx dash, 34,000 miles, new tires, some rust on suspension, great interior, no dings, a few chips, half in gap between pass door and fender. door fender and hood do not align, offended him when I asked if it has been wrecked. 2 owners... anything else?

87?

What is vin #, sounds similar to one I had recently, only it is 86 with 87 grill. Is lens on GNX dash cracked?

Price:

Thanks Joe. I really do not know what else to say. I do not know what to look for in the car.. as well as you guys . The car is stock...no mods, no pwr windows or locks, leaks oil, tops, gnx dash, 34,000 miles, new tires, some rust on suspension, great interior, no dings, a few chips, half in gap between pass door and fender. door fender and hood do not align, offended him when I asked if it has been wrecked. 2 owners... anything else?

Refer to my above incident with the Superbird. You seem to have struck a nerve with your comment about a wreck. If the guy were honest; he’d be able to back up why it wasn’t wrecked (offer to take it to a body shop with you maybe).

There’s plenty of good cars left out there. You might wind up paying a little more (more up front; better deal in the long run); but buying one from a hobbyist is usually better than buying one from someone only interested in making a profit off what they consider a “rare” or “perfect” car.

My best advice is to watch the boards here.

Read EVERYTHING at Resources

Especially The Turbo Regal Buyer's Guide

Check this board for members in your area in the REGIONAL (close to the bottom of the page) section of the Forums. Join a local car club and get one of your new buddies to go with you. They always find something you missed.

Bring your wife along so she can say no. You can always sneak back later.

I conned my wife into a 6 hour (one way) Sunday drive to see a Frank Lloyd Wright building about two years ago. Oh, and by the way; there’s a Regal we could look at close by. She was impressed; and I drove it home.

Good luck,

Joe

This car isn't at a dealer in Morton IL is it? Kinda sounds like one I looked at last fall, had a 145 mph speedo conversion. Car said low mileage but looked like the odometer had probably been rolled back because the body looked like it had more miles than 34k and from what I understand it's not hard to roll the odometer back when you got the dash apart.

Back