You can type here any text you want

1988 Fiero Notchback (Massachusetts)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

84c10

1988 final model year means it has the upgraded and desirable suspension first off... Otherwise the car is Red with Tan interior, pop-up sunroof (no shade), 2.5 4cyl with automatic, I bought the car with 042,xxx miles, now reads ~057,xxx miles. According to the previous owner, the car had sat for several years garaged after being repainted before he bought it and redid/updated alot of things to put her back on the road as follows: (I guess this makes me at least 3rd owner) jvc chameleon CD player headunit, 500w per channel amp, 8" sub in center console, replaced speakers in dash and b-pillars, replaced end links, installed poly bushings, installed GT sway bars, optima redtop batery with relocation kit to underhood, new hoses/lines, alternator, coil packs, recalibrated ecm, grant gt steering wheel, reupholstered seats and headliner, replaced carpet, upgraded springs and KYB struts, shift kit in the tranny, and probably at least a few other things I'm not thinking of right now.

Here is what I have had done on the car since I bought it last summer: Had both power door actuators replaced, new starter, new bosch fuel pump, new fuel injector, viper 5900 SST alarm system (1 mile range) that is remote start capable, new motor mount, new passanger side drive axle and output shaft seal, new Kuhmo tires up front and offbrand tires in rear, new passenger side headlight motor, and your basic replacements of serpentine belt, fuel/oil filters, fuel sock, spark plug wires, etc.

Here's the bad: will eventually need a brake job - when I paid a shop to change the axle shaft after seeing a torn cv boot one of the brake lines had a groove wearing in it from rubbing over the last 19 years. Had them change the line but there seems to be a little air in them after the bleed job. I didnt make them redo it at the time as the pads were getting thin IMO anyways and would eventually have needed to be replaced so I wasnt concerned - put on another 4k miles since then before putting her into storage in August. Front cover and fender have a small crack in them from getting backed into in a parking lot a couple years back - the amber lens broke but signal still works and was driven as-is while I contemplated a body off repaint and to what color, all academic at this point though. A/C had no charge so I replaced the belt with one from a non-a/c car for a little better economy/power, full system still in place and all lines connected. The only other thing I can think of is that I never did hook back up the sub in the console which was said to be disconnected by the PO when his girlfriend drove the car, amp and wires, sub etc are all still in place though.

Gas tank is kept full with stabilized gas and started every 2-3 weeks by family in the area, kept in storage out of the weather. Fun easy to park car, great on gas, and I will admit that she did see one winter last year as my driver and did great in the snow - rear engine on top of the rear drive wheels and all... Note: I bought the car in RI and registered it in VT, both are non-title states for vehicles this age so all I can offer is a copy of previous registration and a bill of sale, acceptable for registration in all the new england states I talked to at the DMVs in the past... Looks good when shined up but it is an older re-paint and does have chips here and there which were touched up... makes a good 5-10footer.

I have over 4k tied up in it including purchase price, was thinking 2500 or offers??? Might consider some sort of trades as well for what-have you, either TB related or otherwise....

Back