You can type here any text you want

1989 Turbo Trans Am #0130 Cloth/T-tops

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbota6

1989 Pontiac 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am Indianapolis 500 pace car.

Car #0130 of 1,550 built, 1 of 187 with cloth interior and T-tops (glass). Festival car delivered to Don Sisk Pontiac in Indianapolis for VIP use. Built 12/88 at Pontiac, 1/89 at PAS. Purchased from previous owner 9/95 with ~43k miles. Currently has 60,2xx miles on odometer. Many of the common maintenance items for these cars have already been corrected or replaced. Car also has an assortment of minor upgrades and modifications, all which can be easily reversed with the exception of a set of SouthSide Machine subframe connectors which are welded in place. Stock parts are included with the sale of the car as well as a few extras. While this car runs strong it is not cosmetically perfect (not a #1 car) but it is a very nice example (would rate as a #2 car). A few minor items do need to be addressed. E-mail me directly at Turbota6@aol.com for more details, hi-res pictures, and phone number. Serious inquires only, no tire kickers! $16,000 obo. Car is located in far west suburbs of Chicago.

Pics can be viewed below.

http://hometown.aol.com/turbota6/myhomepage/auto.html
http://hometown.aol.com/turbota6/myhomepage/photo.html

I will also be selling my collection of Turbo Trans Am parts, memorabilia, literature, etc. This collection is literally HUNDREDS of items and I will consider a package deal with the car before any other offers. E-mail me directly for pricing.

More details

Adding some more details about the car.

For Sale: 1989 Pontiac 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am Indianapolis 500 pace car.

Car #0130 of 1,550 built, 1 of 187 with cloth interior and T-tops (glass). Festival car delivered to Don Sisk Pontiac in Indianapolis for VIP use. Built 12/88 at Pontiac, 1/89 at PAS. Purchased from previous owner 9/95 with ~43k miles. Currently has 60,2xx miles on odometer. Car has never been in an accident and I can provide a CARFAX report to serious inquiries. Car has original paint and all body VIN labels match. Car has always been garage kept and covered under my ownership. Car has also just recently passed stringent Illinois emissions test on “FAST PASS.” The normal test involves running the car on a dyno for 4 minutes but if the readings are low enough in the first 30 seconds the car gets the “FAST PASS.” Car runs strong with no major mechanical problems. Please see the detailed descriptions below for more information.

Many of the common maintenance items for these cars have already been corrected or replaced. See list below.

Maintenance items
Seat belt button recall performed (fading/breakdown of red buttons)
Hood struts-replaced
Hatch struts-replaced
Rear hatch pulldown motor assembly-replaced
IAC motor-replaced
O2 sensor-replaced
Coil pack-replaced
OEM correct plug wires (with 20th TA printing)-replaced
Plugs-replaced
Heater core & hoses-replaced
TCC solenoid in transmission-replaced (by Jimmy’s Transmissions)
Transmission pan-replaced
Transmission fluid-changed
Battery-replaced
Fuel filter-replaced
Oil & filter-changed (Napa 1086 Gold filter with Mobil 1 synthetic)
Tires-replaced @ 50k miles (BFG G-force KDW 245/50ZR16)

Car also has an assortment of minor upgrades and modifications, all which can be easily reversed with the exception of a set of SouthSide Machine subframe connectors which are welded in place.

Modifications
SouthSide Machine subframe connectors (welded in & painted white)
K&N 8” cone air filter
K&N breather (driver’s side valve cover)
Catch can around above breather (homemade, but it works)
Heavy duty hoses and stainless steel clamps (turbo-intercooler-intake)
OEM-style adjustable wastegate
Thrasher 93 octane chip
Dynomax Ultraflow 2 ½” cat back exhaust with polished stainless steel muffler (& OEM exhaust tips welded back in place)
Transmission cooler (installed by Jimmy’s Transmissions)
Trans pan spacer with 700R4 filter (adds and extra ¼”)
Earl’s stainless steel braided brake lines
Hi-temp brake fluid
Shifter console plate from 1991-1992 Trans Am with gear indicator
Philips Silverstar headlights and foglights

Stock parts are included with the sale of the car as well as a few extras.

Stock parts & extras
Stock air box intake & elbow
Stock chip
Original shifter console plate
OEM floormats, beechwood, front only
OEM T-top shades, beechwood
Documentation
Owner’s manuals, both Firebird and Turbo Trans Am supplement
Car cover, 4 layer indoor/outdoor from California Car Cover Company

Car has a few items that need to be adressed. E-mail or PM me for more details.

Still for sale

Car is still for sale but old man winter is starting to kick in here in Chicago. If anyone is interested time is running out before the real snow starts to fall. Otherwise the car goes into winter storage and will be up for sale again in the spring.

Going once...

Car is still available but I have a couple of interested buyers. Any questions please e-mail me directly. Price is negotiable and I am currently accepting offers. Thanks for looking.

Back