You can type here any text you want

2 Questions....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
FIRST... I Am thinking about repainting my car to look like a Wh1 or a grey with a large black stripe on the botton and a thin black stripe around the top. Whats your opinion...

SECOND... WHERE do I find OE 1983 T-type Badges? They are harder to find than a riviera S-type.

FIRST... I Am thinking about repainting my car to look like a Wh1 or a grey with a large black stripe on the botton and a thin black stripe around the top. Whats your opinion...

SECOND... WHERE do I find OE 1983 T-type Badges? They are harder to find than a riviera S-type.

if you really want a paint job i would just scuff and shoot the car one solid color and keep it cheap. just use a single stage and save your money. i would rebuild the motor first because a car with a nice paint job is worth nothing not running.

doesnt it require he use same kind of paint or something thats compatible with original gm paint....i heard if not taken down to metal n bodyworked, with all new stuff, paint would have problems sticking/stay good?

agreed about gettin engine runnin 1st

doesnt it require he use same kind of paint or something thats compatible with original gm paint....i heard if not taken down to metal n bodyworked, with all new stuff, paint would have problems sticking/stay good?

agreed about gettin engine runnin 1st

It's all in the prep...

Back in the days of Lacquer you would have issue's but not with today's finishes.
You could make a rattle bomb spray job stick AND look good.

It's all in the prep...

Back in the days of Lacquer you would have issue's but not with today's finishes.
You could make a rattle bomb spray job stick AND look good.

True, but I want to use a 2 stage paint. Im almost done with my autobody course, but I dont have the tools or a place to do bodywork, prep, or shoot any paints So im gonna take it to a shop in the future.

Ramone, cheaper alternative....... get your car wrapped in vinyl!

isnt the lacquer what they used on the 80s GMs until mid 80s? I mean....I know its single stage, but I dont recall any specs on the early 80s paint being different from lacquer...?

Yeah pretty much. It wasn't all single stage though. My '84 Regal is base coat clear coat lacquer from factory.

just the ones that say "turbocharged"a and the "6" badges!

dude I will trade you parts for thems goodies!

A.j.

I dunno, that happens to be one distinguishing characteristic that seperates my car from other regals and buicks. Ive got the turbocharged badge, the 3.8 turbo hood emblem, and 84 and later t-type badges, but no Molly 6. I want a nice set of 83 NOS emblems.

Then again, what type of parts are we talking about???

I dunno, that happens to be one distinguishing characteristic that seperates my car from other regals and buicks. Ive got the turbocharged badge, the 3.8 turbo hood emblem, and 84 and later t-type badges, but no Molly 6. I want a nice set of 83 NOS emblems.

Then again, what type of parts are we talking about???

lol... boy what dont I got that you need?

A.j.

PRIORITIES!!!!!! PRIORITIES!!!!!!!!!!! I long for the day that you make a decision and go with it without getting so sidetracked! Worry about drivetrain! No more talk about twin turbos or paint. GET TO IT! DO WORK SON!

PRIORITIES!!!!!! PRIORITIES!!!!!!!!!!! I long for the day that you make a decision and go with it without getting so sidetracked! Worry about drivetrain! No more talk about twin turbos or paint. GET TO IT! DO WORK SON!

well, if youve been reading some of the other posts, i got another block coming for the car, a 3.8. I did find a built 4.1 for sale, but IMO its easier to work with a 3.8 than a 4.1.

Back