You can type here any text you want

2000 ish Stang w/ 50 shoot goes down.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
No problem brick, the late-model 302 roller block can go high 9's but soon after will split in half. The main webbings on the bottom end are just too thin. I found and bought a mexican block 302, what that is, is a block with thicker webbing and bigger end caps, which are found in mid 70's trucks. The mexican blocks have been known to take 1,000 hp with a girdle and a perfect assembly. The secret to engine longevitly seems to be in the tune. Thought ide give ya some info!! Take care!

Pat

Yup, I know what u mean about engine longevity being in the tune... There's one guy down here that has been running 10.0s and over 40lbs of boost for 3 years with the stock block and 90% stock bottom end 3.8 motor... He even uses the stock iron heads (ported and polished of course) and with his new combo he has run the same 10.0 times with only 30lbs of boost, so he should be in the 9's pretty soon when he gets it tuned and runs some more boost... From what I've heard this guy is pretty anal about how well the car is tuned and with how cool the car is running cause he doesn't want any knock at all cause the smallest percent of knock usually causes a blown head gasket when your running that much boost... I guess u got some pretty serious plans for that mexican block 302:D Later!

Steve

BTW, it's funny u mention that the stronger 302 block was in the trucks cause from what I've heard the LS1 guys who are running low 10's to high 9's with turbos seem to be switching over to the iron block ls1's found in the trucks... It seems like the truck blocks are designed for durability and longevity...hmmmm interesting;)

The 2V heads are (relatively) restrictive. The 4V heads in the cobras are awsome, just like our GN1s and Indys. All I know is that the cobras respond VERY WELL to forced induction due to the sheer amount of air they can flow. Speaking of tough..... STAGE II. If it is the last thing I do in life, I WILL HAVE A STAGE II MOTOR IN MY GN!!!!

Oh, whats that, nice kill Jorge, oh, yeah, thanks.

Come on guys, The last thing I want people to post here is how slow mustangs are. Give me a break.
Can you guy's call each other or something.
Holly Sh&* !!!!!

So the 96-98 Mustangs are the slowest. Who cares. What, do you want me to ask the guy the year of his car before we go?

Mexican Blocks? BLAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA HAAAAA.
Come on!

Yea, that is weird what the Ls1 guys are doing. Ive never heard of that. Makes total sense though!! The cobra's do respond very well to a charger. Actually, Turbo Driven Concepts has made a turbo kit for the 99-up 2-V GT cars. I read they run 12.flat. Those are some pretty stout times for a stock block buick. I wish i could afford a turbo kit. There so smooth, quiet, and easier on the engine as apposed to like nitrous. Good luck guys.

I read in a SF mag where a fellow took a totally stock early 90s 5.0 and went to some turbo company out west. They twin-turboed, intercooled, and mildly ported the intake also. Right out of the door with 15 psi and pump gas, he slammed a low 11(5-speed). But the guy paid over 5 grand to have them make the kit and another handful to prep the tranny to handle the near 500 hp. I've always loved the way the mustangs looked, especially the new ones. But I'll stick with my GN and MAY THE RACES GO ON!!!

The third brake light on my GN and the tag is what usually gets the thugs i mean mustang owners beggin for me to waist my gas on-em.My third light says"YOU'D LOSE" and my TN state tag says "5.NOTHIN"!:D

I saw a white 5. slow the other day with a big sticker in the back that said "Honda Killa". What the hell is that. Is that about all they can handel! Give me a break.

I guess that mexican block isn't working for him...................

Relax orge, nobody is that impressed with a GN out running a semi-stock Mustang. If you would spend a little less time looking to stat something and a little more time tuning your GN you might have something to brag about.

Maybe one of these days i can think of a topic worth talking about and start one.

Back