You can type here any text you want

2001 Granatelli Camaro Z28 (21k miles)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ls1dave

This is a very low miles, very rare edition of a 2001 Camaro Z28. If you search for Granatelli Signature series Camaros you are likely to only find them in the early 4th generation Camaros. This is because he only built 3 of them after 97, all of which were in 2001. This one is the first of the 3, and he signed the air lid as well as the inside of the drivers door. The authenticity can be verified directly through J.R. Granatelli.
This car currently has 21000 original miles. It has zero accidents in its history, and has been babied its entire life. I am the second owner. More detailed history can be provided to anyone seriously inquiring.

The Granatelli parts that came on the car originally include:
-Subframe connectos
- lowering springs
- panhard bar
-shock tower bar
-lower control arms
- transmission crossmember
-air lid
-mass air flow sensor
-Magnaflow catback

I have added the following:
-Mac Midlength headers
-Koni single adjustable shocks
-Corvette C5 wheels (17” front, 18” rear)
-Front corvette brakes with drilled and slotted rotors w/braided lines
-Rear drilled and slotted rotors w/braided lines
-Special gray faced gauges (with Granatelli signature)
-Camaro SS spoiler (original included)
-Custom built LED tail lights (originals included)
-Custom ECU tune from Haddad Motorsports

The brake fluid is fresh (less than 100 miles on it), oil is fresh (Mobile 1 full synthetic only), tires have about 80% tread left, car just passed CA smog, so its good for 2 years. Car has dynode at 328/364 on a conservative dyno, and best ¼ mile run is 13.16 @ 107.9. The car was in Chevy High Performance Magazine in Oct 2008. A copy of the magazine will be included with the car.

Basics: 2001 Camaro Z28 with LS1 motor, Automatic 4 speed, ebony (black) leather interior, t-tops (w/shades), Traction control, Monsoon stereo (with some custom upgrades), power everything (drivers seat, windows, locks), 2.73 gears with steel driveshaft, power steering cooler. I have the original window sticker to include with the car.

I am asking $19k obo. Test drives for serious inquiries only, no tire kickers.

DSCN2180.jpg

1-1.jpg

DSCN2232.jpg

123107-1-1.jpg

101.jpg

100_3944.jpg

DSCN2383.jpg

I forgot to mention some of the other smaller modifications done to the car:
- Falken Azenis RT-615 tires (245 front/275 rear)
- Custom C5 fuel rail covers
- C6 exhaust tips (similar to Corsa tips)
- Front clear turn signal housings
- Whistler mod headlights
- Factory power steering cooler
- free ram air, coolant bypass, !air, !asr, !hood latch, !A.I.R. system, !holes
- custom etched specialized stainless fuse box covers and brake fluid reservoir cover
Audio
- JL Audio Cleansweep audio processor
- PPI PC250 2-channel amp
- 2 x Elemental Designs 7" subwoofers (in rear factory locations)
- PPI PC275 2-channel amp
- JL audio 12w6 in custom fiberglass box
- upgraded battery ground to 1/0 gauge
- upgraded alt to battery wire with 1/0 gauge
- upgraded alternator to fuse box with 1/0 gauge

DSCN1689.jpg

DSCN1549.jpg

bump with an update:

front corvette brake conversion is complete. car now has 13" front drilled and slotted rotors. also, rear fenders are getting rolled this week.

fender rolling is complete, and heres a pic of the front brakes completed, they are very snug in those wheels.

before:
DSCN2385.jpg

after:
DSCN2386.jpg

So apparently JR responded on ls1tech to my for sale thread with this:
Memories of yester-year. In 2001 we built these 3 cars for Matco Tools. It was my last year racing a Camaro as I just landed a new racing deal with Ford to Drag race a Mustang with a 4 valve Mod Motor. Matco was my secondary sponsor and as part of my contract – they “contracted” me to build them 3 Camaros. If you are a Granatelli Buff then I guess this car is the best of the 3. I heard rumor 1 of the other 2 got wrecked at Willow Springs..Leaving just 2.

As a matter of record, while owner of Paxton Superchargers, we built 85 cars in 1993, 125 cars in 1994, 125 in 95 and more in ’96 but I do not recall the count…It was lower then 125. These cars were sold through Paxton dealers as well as Chevrolet dealerships. 80% came with a Paxton Supercharger set at 6psi.

heres the thread:
2001 Granatelli Camaro Z28 (21k miles) - Page 2 - LS1TECH

Back