You can type here any text you want

2002 Lightning

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ALBERTAN

Resident Window Licker
I was going to pick a friend up so that he could monitor DS while I drove down a back country road and watched the boost gauge. I'm trying to get ready for my first track date in the GN this Friday, so I was out on a Thrasher 100 (Red108 in the console:cool: ), B33 114 octane fuel, and 18 pounds of boost. My other mods are here . Nothing at all performance wise yet other than a home-made cold air kit.

I was a ways back and saw what looked to be an awfully low F150. Hmmmm. Got up behind it and sure enough it had Lightning badges. I knew which one it was as I had heard a few stories about this kid...I knew he would be good to go. Caught him at the next light, looked over through two layers of window tint at the passenger and knew it was on.

My car has has a rather huge handicap at the moment...the letters G80 are nowhere to be found on the trunk lid. :( So I peddle the GN out of first as the Lightning jumps out a length, no doubt feeling pretty good about life in general. Then I caught second and got into it as fast as I could and was instantly back at his door. It was a pretty much a dead heat after that. I couldn't pass him (I have a thing with not standing on the peddle hard enough and only getting 4.2V on the TPS as I found out later), but I looked over and waved as we ran side by side and I saw the passenger look over and tell him something. They probably thought I was messing with him.

I rolled down my window afterwards and said Nice truck I have one sitting at home. You would think being Lighting fans they would ask about it but instead they asked Are you the guy with the Typhoon? Lol. That's what I ran on the street last year. Word gets around...

Pulled into a parking lot and they came to talk to me. I was curious what it had done as I knew from the sound it was not stock. Superchips flip chip (not the best, not the worst), gutted cats, full exhaust, and "higher octane" fuel. They figured for sure I was running lots of mods. Nope. Can we see under the hood? (accusingly). Yup. They must have stood there for a full minute before either of them said anything. Muwahaha. Sometimes you don't have to win to win. :cool:

Anyways they were good guys. Can't wait to catch them when the rest of my mods are on. Or even just the Red108.

With 114 you should be able to get at least 22psi with a 100 chip, or 20psi with a 108. You probably would have beat him then.
If he had high octane fuel he might have a pulley upgrade also

I think he would have mentioned the pulley upgrade. He was all concerned that I keep his mods a secret though. lol. It was a fun run anyways. The guys on the Lightning board hate me because I tell them that the Lightning is the slowest of my vehicles. They always point out that mine isn't broken in (~700 miles). I was glad to get the opportunity to run a broken in one. Confirms my allegations.

Nice Run

It's cool when people are willing to pull over and chit chat afterwards, far better than the ricer salute, (Finger). -BB

Back