2004 GTO! Pictures

WakkoSS

Courtesy of the LS1 message board. I'd buy one of these in a HEARTBEAT (sans the red gauges though..yuck). Bet the price is gonna be steep though. I can't believe GM is making a RWD sports coupe again...bout damn time!

http://www.ls1tech.com/GTO.html

over in australlia they have a car that looks like that, but its called the Ute, and it has that front end (up until the doors) and it has a pick up back end... kinda like an el camino... i dont know what kinda engine it has, for some reason 346 ci sticks out in mind... sweet looking though

-neil

I can't imagine they'd put red gauges in the production car. I had red illumination in my '86 mustang and you couldn't read them at night.

I also don't think it will be all that expensive. Mach 1's are $26K list and Cobra's list for $33K. It has to be priced somewhere in there or it will be dead in three years (when the new mustangs are selling like mad)

If I had a choice between this UGLY rice boy GTO or that New 05 RETRO mustang.. I would take the stang.. However GM has the right drivline combo this time.. they just need some better styling ques or new sheet metal..

Red gauges = Pontiac

I like the coupe approach! Maybe it will have a usable back seat for a change.

I don't care for the rim design but that can be changed.

Also, it looks like the underside pic shows 2 mufflers ahead of the IRS and then a "Y" into 1 muffler w/ twin tips. True duals w/ an x-pipe should have been there instead, IMHO.

If they can keep the price in the low/mid 30's, it should do well.

i don't really care for the looks of this car but man the power will be there at 345 hp and it's RWD...it's not exactly UNIQUE looking...it just doesn't stand out like it should for bringing back a legend like the GTO...that would be like slapping GN badging on the new Regals without changing the looks of the car to fit the image...

Looks like a combination of a Pontiac Sunfire and a Honda Prelude!! :eek:

It should not be called a GTO!! :rolleyes: :D

Originally posted by littlesixsteve
If I had a choice between this UGLY rice boy GTO or that New 05 RETRO mustang.. I would take the stang.. However GM has the right drivline combo this time.. they just need some better styling ques or new sheet metal..

i agree 100%....the mustang's retro styling is way more pleasing to the eye...put a body on this car that is reminiscent of early gto's yet modern too...if ford can do it with the mustang then gm can do it with this car...this platform is BEGGING for a sexy body

If they put the new GM Powertrain DOHC Twin Turbo 3.6L in it, I'd buy one before a Cobra. With only an LS1, Cobra's still got my vote, though.

GM needs to read the new Car and Driver. EVERYTHING runs 13's now. Stock SRT neons run 14.1 @ 102 (think how quick with cat removed and a K&N) for $20K.

Mercedes E55 AMG runs 12.5 @ 116 mph in the 1/4 mile (4 door sedan that cost about the same as a loaded Cadillac escalade).

If GM wants to build a performance sedan that stands out by its performance (because its looks DON'T), they are going to have to try a little harder.

i think it is definately kinda ugly, but in its own way, it looks like a sleeper. i would love to have an LS1, but not that.