You can type here any text you want

2008 dodge charger srt-8 losses by my gn

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DIAZ 87

2-1 FOR 2010
last nite out with my dog in the gn to test my new tires,to see how she feels
on the street/express way.i was in elk grove village at a red lite. when a 2008
dodge charger srt-8 pulls up next to me and give me the look like you want
some.lite turns green so i gave it a little gas the the dodge just hammered
it off the line smoking the tires, which then i new he wanted to take me on.
im not so big on street racing and really did not want run the gn hard next red he rolled down his window to ask me if i think my car was fast,so with
a big smill i responded back by saying no not really
let me remined ever one here what my gn has
1-hooker exhaust with test pipe
2-t tweak chip
3-k&n filter
4-adjustable waste gate at 17 psi:biggrin:
5-hot wire
6-10 gallons free racing gas in the gas tank
7-heated o2 senser
8-160 thermostat
9-torque strap
10- last is a 36,000 mile car
so the the guy in the dogde said due i want to run it and i said of course but at the next lite were the there is plenty of room to stop and no side street which a car can pop out of.then we get to the lite and i told him let me worm up my tire cause they are new.im thinking to my self i hope this ass spin out of the hole again because im scared that my tire will brake lose.ok rev my engine to get to 3psi to my suprise no spinning at this point.lite turns green
and we both hammer the gas pedal to the floor i was able to get the jump out of the hole about a car in half and not once did he wheel me in, and mind you i hit 80 plus mph.so we get to the next lite and he was pissed off so he told me he wasnt ready so lets due it a gain so of course i said one more time
rev my engine again at 3psi lite turns green and still i got the jump but only
this time a car length and this time it was a much closer race which i was able to still bet him about a half a car. a boy he was not a happy camper because he just lost twice from a slow v6 so i had ask him due you think
your car the **** cause its not.so i left :biggrin: i wish i could had allowed my gn to cool down but it is what it is:biggrin:

Nice kill. It’s cool to put the hurt to the cocky ones. I raced one of those last year at the track. He was an older guy and came over to talk with me after the race. His eyes bulged out when he counted only six plugs and recall some f bombs. Keep it up and thanks for sharing.

Good Job!! They are nice cars, but the Buicks just pull too hard for them.

i was just reading information on the dodge charger srt-8 and found out that
it has 420hp viper motor or so,and it is suppose to run low 13s in the 1/4 mile.
its funny how this guy drive around with their dodge,fords and the other so call fast cars allways talking **** on how they raced this car and that car and
how they smoke every one.Back in the day when i had my other gn that ran low 12s with street tire i would allways seem to run into this dum asses and allways prove them wrong. like the slow stang with superchager that claimed
that he has 500hp. and like allways i would win :biggrin:

The SRT 8 is a 392 cu.in. hemi with 425 hp. Faster than the old school 426 Hemi. Can't wait for the new Challengers to hit the street.

I have taken down a few SRT 8's. Nice car but has some serious problems if they try and make them go faster. Like the rear end is noted for wasting the limited slip and cost $1700 for a new one.

Don't ask me about the Turbo PT Cruiser that went buy me like a freight train. :eek:

I've pulled up to a few of these and can never get them to play. You guys have to stop beating them up so bad. Make them at least think they have a chance.;)

hey wait a minute i told him my car was slow with a smile doesnt that count:D

Nice kill, you never stated what your new tires were but they sound like DOT's.

And considering you added # 7,8,9,10 as mods done to your car it's probably mostly stock, better kill knowing that.

Once you lose you'll probably add 11-20 in mods probably in 2 months. :biggrin:

street tires falken 452. my car is pretty much stock but run very very strong for a stocker

Like the rear end is noted for wasting the limited slip and cost $1700 for a new one.
:

I have a SRT Charger and know that the SRTs have an open rear differential. The rear axle uses the Mercedes technology that applies the rear brakes to brake the slipping wheel and provide more grip to the wheel with traction. So it is not a traditional limited slip. With that in mind, what are they are having to replace for $1700? If it's just brake pads that seems awfully stiff.

the only sad thing about the srt-8 dodge its not a 12 second 1/4 mile car
all day long stock with all that hp and the history of the hemi motor. love to see the challenger thats coming out run a mid 12s or so to represent american new muscle. not just an other low to mid 13 second car or like the gto did 14 second or so.

the only sad thing about the srt-8 dodge its not a 12 second 1/4 mile car
all day long stock with all that hp and the history of the hemi motor. love to see the challenger thats coming out run a mid 12s or so to represent american new muscle. not just an other low to mid 13 second car or like the gto did 14 second or so.

i would like to see a 12 second 1/4 in the new challenger too. it is 300 or so pounds less than the charger srt. has the same drivetrain and 2 less doors. should shave ~ 3 tenths off the 1/4 and 0-60 times. looking at the most recent motor trend magazine results where they compared it to the shelby mustang, these results seem consitent with a 0-60 of 4.7 and a 1/4 of 13.1. the charger srt turned 4.9 and 13.1 ~2-3 years back in the same magazine. as you might speculate or imagine, the 6.1 doesn't seem to have a lot on the low end but really shines on the top end. top speed of either car is 170 as it is not govenor limited and each car has the same final ratio. these cars are blast to drive and in my opinion are the perfect combination of horsepower and handling. the srt track experience that is included in the final price of either car is an amazing experience!

Both the Charger and Challenger are about 4200lbs, easy to overlook how much those cars are going to have to overcome to be competitive.

If I can get my fat ass, massively modded T Top down to 3300 with a 1/2 tank then Dodge can find a way to get these beasts under 4k.

I have taken down a few SRT 8's.

Don't ask me about the Turbo PT Cruiser that went buy me like a freight train. :eek:

Please enlighten us, I thought I was the only one that have ran into these little buses that could.

As far as the SRT 8, I had one try to race me while we were on a role just leaving the stop light and he was already two cars back, and I heard him get on it, so by the time I got on it he was just even with me. ( Why not just get on the side and give me a fair race, unless he knew what it was), anyways he got the jump and I WOT and chirped second and caught him after he was 2 cars ahead of me and we were almost bumper to bumper, but I got him by a nose. I looked over to see if I could give him a thumbs up, or was I getting one, and he would not even look my way. Oh Well, Another one bites the dust.

The SRT 8 is a 392 cu.in. hemi with 425 hp. Faster than the old school 426 Hemi. Can't wait for the new Challengers to hit the street.

Actually it's around 370ci. Does have 425hp though. No comparison to the 426 HEMI of old that was rated at 425hp, but was really putting out more like 500-525.

Actually it's around 370ci. Does have 425hp though. No comparison to the 426 HEMI of old that was rated at 425hp, but was really putting out more like 500-525.

I stand corrected. 372 ci to be exact. Still want one.:cool:

Please enlighten us, I thought I was the only one that have ran into these little buses that could.

As far as the SRT 8, I had one try to race me while we were on a role just leaving the stop light and he was already two cars back, and I heard him get on it, so by the time I got on it he was just even with me. ( Why not just get on the side and give me a fair race, unless he knew what it was), anyways he got the jump and I WOT and chirped second and caught him after he was 2 cars ahead of me and we were almost bumper to bumper, but I got him by a nose. I looked over to see if I could give him a thumbs up, or was I getting one, and he would not even look my way. Oh Well, Another one bites the dust.

As far as the rear end on the Chargers I could easily stand corrected. Maybe I heard that a posi type rear is $1700. Whatever it is a weak point.

The PT Cruiser took down my GSX! Happened a Milan dragway. I see this guy pull into the pits and paid no attention. Just thought it was some spectator. Went about my business checking air pressure etc. Did not see the PT cruiser owner getting the jack out and making his own adjustments. He pulls out race tires for the front, a couple of spare tires for the back, and opens the exhaust.

Test and tune starts. I pull up to the box and notice the PT Cruiser in the next lane and think nothing of it. Start my burnout. This is with a 462 big block, with headers, 3 inch exhaust and not much in the way of mufflers. Needless to say I could neither hear or see the little Dodge smoking the front tires in the burnout box. We stage and I cut a good light and run a 1.7x 60 ft. Fat and happy I figure the race is over. About the 1/8 mile I hear the sound of at least a million angry mosquitoes in the other lane! Soon after this little silver bread box goes flying by! The little b@$turd turns 12:0's @ 118 mph. The best my drive to the track X can do is 12.5x at 108.

To tell the truth I have more fun telling this story than those about my kills. :biggrin:

Back