2008 Gnx?

Dreamcar86

Does anyone out there know if they are really going to bring back the GNX?
I really wish they would! :D

Attachments

• 0510phr_z+2008_Buick_GNX+Front_Driver_Side_View.jpg
    0510phr_z+2008_Buick_GNX+Front_Driver_Side_View.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 529
Here is a photoshop pic that has been floating around for quite some time. It would be nice if they would retro it like all the other cars making come backs.

Attachments

• gtosadwwrbd7nw.jpg
    gtosadwwrbd7nw.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 552
I have a feeling that GM will use the new camaro platform with three badges: Chevy, Pontiac, and Buick. If they don't, say goodbye to Buick. Even the old people aren't buying Buicks anymore.

I like how PHR says: "And the turbo? Forget about it. A major redesign of an available V-6 or V-8 engine (needed for a turbo) would cost too much and drive the price right into the stratosphere."

Don't they know GM owns Saab? GM has V6 Turbos.

Who Needs 8 said:
I have a feeling that GM will use the new camaro platform with three badges: Chevy, Pontiac, and Buick. If they don't, say goodbye to Buick. Even the old people aren't buying Buicks anymore.

I like how PHR says: "And the turbo? Forget about it. A major redesign of an available V-6 or V-8 engine (needed for a turbo) would cost too much and drive the price right into the stratosphere."

Don't they know GM owns Saab? GM has V6 Turbos.

I wonder if that quote is just speculation or do they know something that we do not. It is sad, it only seems like yesterday that they were selling the GN/GNX's and I for one would like to see a comeback. Maybe if they would think about reviving the product line they would see a new crowd of Buick owners. After all that is what the other auto makers are doing and it is working. I mean if you can get kids excited about a Civic what would Buick have to lose by bringing back a turbocharged line up? I say scrap the old school superchargers and go back to the high HP turbo cars!

Attachments

• blackhawk.jpg
    blackhawk.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 473
GNX243 said:
Had to go back to the source for correct site which is:
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0510phr_spread/

As for the 2000 Blackhawk (see http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2000-Buick-Blackhawk-Concept.htm) it never got beyond the concept stage. I wrote GM in 2000 to get on the list when it went into production and they responded thanks,...but no thanks. It is a hard top convertible. I believe the trailer they use to haul it around to shows cost $300,000.

Do you think it would have been powered with a V6 Turbo? :D
Then it would have been perfect!

GNX243 said:
Had to go back to the source for correct site which is:
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0510phr_spread/

As for the 2000 Blackhawk (see http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2000-Buick-Blackhawk-Concept.htm) it never got beyond the concept stage. I wrote GM in 2000 to get on the list when it went into production and they responded thanks,...but no thanks. It is a hard top convertible. I believe the trailer they use to haul it around to shows cost $300,000.

i am almost postive thats the same car that they Will smith drove in Bad boys 2 ...

They are NOT building anything from Buick like that.. I have a very good source from inside GM for information. The Camaro is coming..... rwd Buicks are long gone....

Westside500 said:
They are NOT building anything from Buick like that.. I have a very good source from inside GM for information. The Camaro is coming..... rwd Buicks are long gone....

I hate to hear that even though it comes at no surprise. Thanks for the update. It is always nice to have those inside leads.

Somebody in the buick office needs to wake up and bring buick back!!!!Just like in the 80s.They need to sponsor nascar,indy,nhra and come out with a turbo6 car, it would be like the Rebirth of Buick.Theres is a big market with turbo cars with all the young kids.Look at the evo and the srt,dodge is the only american auto maker seeing this.I would love to see buick come back with something to compete with these cars,O I forgot it might be faster than a vette,well F--- the vette.I really hate to see buick die off,I quess it could be good and bad thing it may make are cars worth more money but look at are buick events it seems that less and less people are coming each year.If there was a new fast turbo6 car that would spark the buick world with new comers and for us that have been with these cars for a while.Come on Buick your letting other automakers beat you at something you designed 20 years ago.

Don't hold your breath. That's what happens when you've got a bunch of old men with no vision running the show. Bunky Knudsen, who was brought in to run Pontiac in the late 50's when Pontiac was about to fold, realized, "You can sell a young man's car to an old man, but you can't sell an old man's car to a young man". Also a few marketing people and engineers with vision new that "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" was a success formula. A few years later, under the GM umbrella, Pontiac sales was nipping at Chevy's heels and John De Lorean had lit the fuse on the mid sixties muscle car explosion with the GTO. But even then, in a few short years, even the Pontiac management forgot their success formula and the old men were back in control.

Dreamcar86 said:
Here is a photoshop pic that has been floating around for quite some time. It would be nice if they would retro it like all the other cars making come backs.

Wow, that pic is still floating around? I was the one who originally photoshopped that picture a few years ago.

deanh8 said:
Wow, that pic is still floating around? I was the one who originally photoshopped that picture a few years ago.

Well in that case, you do good work. I think you should present that pic to Buick. Maybe they will wake up and get back to work. :D

I was in the market for a New car and didnt even think about Buick. Buick Is lost. The last thing on GMs mind is Buick. Buick is just a car that blends in. No spark, flare, Nothing. Thats why The GNX will NEVER come back. Sorry to say it but Buick is the Next AMC. :frown:

BlackGNTURBO said:
I was in the market for a New car and didnt even think about Buick. Buick Is lost. The last thing on GMs mind is Buick. Buick is just a car that blends in. No spark, flare, Nothing. Thats why The GNX will NEVER come back. Sorry to say it but Buick is the Next AMC. :frown:

The sad thing is that it does not have to be that way but they have chosen to cater to grandma and grandpa and Tiger Woods. If they would target the muscle car market they could revive that segment as there is a market for performance. Oh well, we will just have to enjoy our 20 year regals. :D