2012 Buick Regal GS Track Video

I like the new GS! I've been following its development for a while now and it looks promising... 270 hp/295 tq, 3" exhaust, 6 speed manual ONLY (auto later), Brembo front binders, 3 handling modes.

From what I gathered so far it will run anywhere from 14.9 to 15.2 at about 96 mph. It's not gonna be a little hot rod like the turbo Cobalt SS because the Regal will weigh about 3800#.

I would consider one to replace my Super if I can find one that isn't $38,000.:eek:

I like the new GS! I've been following its development for a while now and it looks promising... 270 hp/295 tq, 3" exhaust, 6 speed manual ONLY (auto later), Brembo front binders, 3 handling modes.

From what I gathered so far it will run anywhere from 14.9 to 15.2 at about 96 mph. It's not gonna be a little hot rod like the turbo Cobalt SS because the Regal will weigh about 3800#.

I would consider one to replace my Super if I can find one that isn't $38,000.:eek:

$38,000!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!! i got my 2010 mazdaspeed 3 for $20,500 and i bet its a better all around car.

$38,000!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!! i got my 2010 mazdaspeed 3 for $20,500 and i bet its a better all around car.
That's all fine and dandy but it isn't a Buick.

I agree that a MS3 is a fun little car but that's what it is.... a little car. Some people like bigger cars.

What would a brand new Mazdaspeed 6 cost if they had the guts to make one?

That's all fine and dandy but it isn't a Buick.

I agree that a MS3 is a fun little car but that's what it is.... a little car. Some people like bigger cars.

What would a brand new Mazdaspeed 6 cost if they had the guts to make one?

the speed3 is not that small, its a 4 door hatch that seats 5. the leg room is the same as the buick as well as the hip room only being less than 1 inch smaller. the speed3 has more cargo space, but the wheel base is smaller @104" vs the buicks 108". in overall length the buick is 12 inches longer though. im 6'3" and can sit in the back of the speed 3 without problems. who cares if its not a buick, the speed3 is faster.

There are two things still wrong with this Buick, and this also goes for most other modern vehicles today:

1) Front wheel drive
2) Too HEAVY

Until the car manufacturers come to their senses and realize that people want rear wheel drive and a lighter curb weight (re: less complicated and weighed down with over-engineered gizmos) in their "sports cars," they will never appeal to the true vehicle enthusiasts. Fact.

There are two things still wrong with this Buick, and this also goes for most other modern vehicles today:

1) Front wheel drive
2) Too HEAVY

Until the car manufacturers come to their senses and realize that people want rear wheel drive and a lighter curb weight (re: less complicated and weighed down with over-engineered gizmos) in their "sports cars," they will never appeal to the true vehicle enthusiasts. Fact.

i agree, i love rear drive cars. but you have to agree that AWD is hard to beat. thats what i dont like about the mazdas 280 ft./ lb. of torque in FWD config. torque steer. boost is limited in first and second gear, but its still a wild ride. nothing launches like a AWD monster HP STI or EVO.