20A fuses....

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Have spent the last hr looking thru the shop manual trying to find the 2- 20A inline fuses, that are under the dash....No luck.
I'm doing a "spring cleaning" on the "Turd T", getting ready to install the LS engine.o_O
Am using the stock fuse panel/bulkhead plugs, and eliminating what I don't need.
NE1 able to enlighten me, as to what they fed? [It appears they are no longer hooked up.:D ]
With all the open cavities in the engine harness side of the bulkhead connector, I hope to avoid running more than 1 harness to the engine. [Going to use a MS3, I think.]

only fuses inside are in the oem fuse box....any others are aftermarket...want to send a pic/text or call me?

only fuses inside are in the oem fuse box....any others are aftermarket...want to send a pic/text or call me?

These 2 fuses are part and parcel of the OEM harness in this car. [In the original wrap.] They are connected directly thru the main power bulkhead, behind the fuse panel.
I guess it doesn't make a difference, as I'm going to use them for something else..

Thanks,

Wow, ive never.seen that before and ive pulled many dashes....interesting

Hang on... BRB w/ a pic!
The multiple/heavy red wires are hooked directly to the main feed/fuseable link wire, from the starter.
The splice is the same HD tape that's on all the other splices.

Dash harness boxes 004.jpg

Car had twilight centel or other odd option?

I thot about that, after I made the thread!:oops:
It had twilite, electronic climate cont., antitheft.....Most likely what they powered up. Wiring was chopped up when I got the car.
I'm going back to the manual and look at the options drawings, and see if they are called out there.

Thanks!:D

I thot about that, after I made the thread!:oops:
It had twilite, electronic climate cont., antitheft.....Most likely what they powered up. Wiring was chopped up when I got the car.
I'm going back to the manual and look at the options drawings, and see if they are called out there.

Thanks!:D

Twasn't the anti theft. My car has it and doesn't have anything like that under the dash.

Ok guys... There are 2- 25A fuses, [Not 20A as I posted]. They are OEM installed, hot all the time, go to posts "D" and "A" on the anti theft relay.
The one on the "A" post is then jumpered to post "N" on the A/T controller.:D