You can type here any text you want

235/60/15 vs. 245/50/16 for street driving

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

deezdad

Big traction difference? 15's better for long distance cruises? 16's better for handling? I have 16" wheels that i'm not crazy about and really like the stock t-wheels they just look right and understated so im thinking of going back to 15's, problem is it's been so long since i've had my car on the road i forget the pro's and con's of the two sizes...been driving my work van around for years now :mad:

I'm running 225/55R16 primewell pz900's and they are awesome with great handling & the ride is smooth for long drives. They were only 90 bucks a tire and speed rated at 130mph with a 99 load rating. put over 3000 miles on them so far and no signs of any wear from when i had them put on last november.

Have run both sizes and the 15's will give you a nicer ride, but the 16's will give you better handling but a slightly rougher ride. I just put the stock T wheels back on my WE4 but had to go with 215 65 15 Radial T/A's, they arent making 235 60 15 anymore. I bought a set of 235 60 15 Eagle GT II's for my stock GN wheels last year and I love them, but unfortunately they arent making them anymore either. FWIW, the stock size BFG's ride quite nice.

Bfg 235/60/15 radial ta

they're on sears website so i called and they said it would take 8 weeks to get em...why the problem with them? :confused:

they're on sears website so i called and they said it would take 8 weeks to get em...why the problem with them? :confused:

They've been on BO from BFG for a while now. I doubt they'll be making them again. Had a set on order from Tirerack for a few months, they kept pushing the date back and finally just said they wont be able to get them.

Its not a very common size, I dont know of any cars that actually had them from the factory. With that said, I would think with all of the older muscle cars, our cars, monte's, etc there would still be a market for that size.

Back