You can type here any text you want

255/50/16 MTs and spacers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Texas gn

Hey guys, finally bought a pair of Mickey Thompson ET Radials in the 255-50-16s. I am presently running a 255-50-16 street tire and I was surprised to see the difference in how much wider the MTs are. I have not had them mounted yet on the wheels but it looks like I will need a spacer. I not sure I like that idea but I am sure it has been done before. Has anyone had problems with spacers?

For a lot of people, it's the fear of potential problems when running spacers. :) I wouldn't do it, but that's just my opinion.

Hey guys, finally bought a pair of Mickey Thompson ET Radials in the 255-50-16s. I am presently running a 255-50-16 street tire and I was surprised to see the difference in how much wider the MTs are. I have not had them mounted yet on the wheels but it looks like I will need a spacer. I not sure I like that idea but I am sure it has been done before. Has anyone had problems with spacers?

What kind of wheels are you using? What's the backspace?

I've had those tires on the back of my WE4 on Turbo T/A 16 x 8 wheels and there is no rub without spacers. (very close) If you want to make sure, go with a 7/32 spacer which should be safe with stock lugs.

I've also run the BFG drag radials in the same size with no spacers and no rub as well.

You guys are right! They are on the car today. They were the 255-50-16 on 16x 8 rims...Gta rims

Back