You can type here any text you want

255/50's all around

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNGN

Can't Re- Member
Does anyone run this size all around?

I just bought a TTA off E-bay and have a garage full of GTA's and 255/50's from our 2+2 and was wondering if I could use them on the TTA.

Thanks,

Yes, I put that size on my TTA.

I used a tire size calculator to compare available sizes. If my memory is correct, the 255/50 is a little wider and 1.5% larger circumference than the stock 245/50....

The extra tread width is a GOOD thing on the street :cool:

No clearance issues in two years and a few hundred miles.

And, welcome to the TTA club
:D

I had the 255s in front and they rubbed sometimes. Enough to rub some of the paint of the lower facia. Just don't turn the wheel all the way to avoid any problems.

I use the 255/50 on the rear, I stayed with the 245/50's on the front. I was looking at tires a couple of days ago and saw that Firehawk, which I have on the MONGRL, isn't available at the tire rack anymore. I wonder if Firestone stopped producing that size?

It occurs to me to remind you that tire sizes from different tire manufacturers vary somewhat. I don't have ANY rubbing issues on my car at all.

The Falken Zies "Z" rated tire on my car was (subjectively) more than a half inch taller, and more than an inch wider than the stock sized Pereli tires I threw away.

The only way you'll know is to try the tires in your garage ;)

leeb

Originally posted by lburou
It occurs to me to remind you that tire sizes from different tire manufacturers vary somewhat. I don't have ANY rubbing issues on my car at all.

True.. my 245/50 16's Comp TA ZR's where about an inch shorter than the 245/50 16 BFG DR's..

Cant help on the 255 issue..

Back