You can type here any text you want

26* timing too much for alcohol?

• Thread starter Thread starter Got Boost?
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
G

Got Boost?

Hey, I have my car runing great on a trasher92 chip, 20-21psi on stock turbo. But I am getting some new injectors and chips and was just wondering if I can use the chips on pump gas with iso. alcohol? I know a 22-24 timing chip would probably be better but I'm running on a limited budget and the chip are with the injectors.

Any help or opinions?

Thanks,
Jason

Never hurts to try. But early knocking before the alchy comes on might change your mind.:)

dual stage

26* of timing will probably be too much if you're running a single nozzle setup, especially if it's a DIY kit. When you get some extra cash, get yourself a dual stage kit. Takes care of that pesky "early knock"! I have the Joe Tripodi kit and absolutely love it. 26* Joe Lubrant chip, 23psi, and no problems whatsoever. I believe that SMC now has a dual nozzle kit, but it's not a staged kit like Tripodi's. It just injects twice the amount of alcohol where as the Tripodi kit comes on at different boost levels. I believe that Chad is having excellent results with is SMC kit, too. Pick your poisin!! ;)

Back