You can type here any text you want

2ndsucks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JimP

I was off to Princess auto today to buy some ramps which are on sale and enjoying the long drive to the other end of the city.

While on the highway cruising in the middle lane the Mustang comes up from behind and stays beside me to my left. "2NDSUCKS" is what the plate read on what I would guess was a 2002-2004 model.

The highway is 4 lanes at this point and we are doing 60. I hear a gear drop and the revs go up but I'm not biting. They seem to get bored and keep going, I maintain my speed. I still have about ten minutes to get to my destination when the Mustang slows once again and we find ourselves side by side in a more appropriate area that is wide open. This time I bite and decide what the hell. I hear his car drop a gear and the exhaust note increase, I ease my foot into it, he floors it and the GN pulls away like the other car pulled a parachute.

I guess now he knows for sure that 2NDSUCKS. As I am pulling off of the highway and decide to check the scan master, guess what "no reading when I hit the recall button!"

I never hit wide open throttle and it came up blank. I would have loved the opportunity to say next time I'll actually give it some throttle but didn't get the chance. Got my ramps and a few other goodies as well. A great day so far.

Recently fixing an exhaust leak has truly unleashed the beast and the recent vacuum brake conversion has truly made the car a pleasure to drive. Stay tuned for more kills I will be out much more often, weather permitting. A track day is in order, my best pass to date 11.48 @ 118 mph, this with the exhaust leak and a zero boost launch. Mods in Sig. Link to my pass if your bored.

Playing with the 87 Buick GN - Video

Thanks for reading.

Sounds like he's had his ass handed to him more than once and decided to buy the appropriate license plate!

Good kill.

All the Mustangs I've met have been through the exact same scenario. I've only had one Mustang that actually beat me 3 out of 5 at the strip. But he is a race gas only motor that he runs locally on the street.

A little closer to home.

Had a young couple move in down the street and he has a really pretty deep purple mid 90's Stang with drag radials and skinnys.

I have the T out in the driveway one day washing it when he drives by and he backs up to chat. Nice guy, not arrogant but starts the smack about his mid 12 sec stang and then asks how fast the T is.

I try evading the issue but my very proud 14 year son blurts out 11.22. The guy quits his smack and we just talk.

After washing it my son and I run to a friends house a few blocks over and on the way back who do we pull up to at a light but my neighbor in his stang.

I don't pre boost and wait for him to nail it which he does and pulls 1-2 car lead till the boost (26#) builds and we rocket past like he's tied to a tree (still had race gas in it and the stickies on from the Wednesday night test and tune).

He follows me home and says "If you ever want to sell that thing"

I think he's ready for the dark side.

Michael

I was off to Princess auto today to buy some ramps which are on sale and enjoying the long drive to the other end of the city.

While on the highway cruising in the middle lane the Mustang comes up from behind and stays beside me to my left. "2NDSUCKS" is what the plate read on what I would guess was a 2002-2004 model.

The highway is 4 lanes at this point and we are doing 60. I hear a gear drop and the revs go up but I'm not biting. They seem to get bored and keep going, I maintain my speed. I still have about ten minutes to get to my destination when the Mustang slows once again and we find ourselves side by side in a more appropriate area that is wide open. This time I bite and decide what the hell. I hear his car drop a gear and the exhaust note increase, I ease my foot into it, he floors it and the GN pulls away like the other car pulled a parachute.

I guess now he knows for sure that 2NDSUCKS. As I am pulling off of the highway and decide to check the scan master, guess what "no reading when I hit the recall button!"

I never hit wide open throttle and it came up blank. I would have loved the opportunity to say next time I'll actually give it some throttle but didn't get the chance. Got my ramps and a few other goodies as well. A great day so far.

Recently fixing an exhaust leak has truly unleashed the beast and the recent vacuum brake conversion has truly made the car a pleasure to drive. Stay tuned for more kills I will be out much more often, weather permitting. A track day is in order, my best pass to date 11.48 @ 118 mph, this with the exhaust leak and a zero boost launch. Mods in Sig. Link to my pass if your bored.

Playing with the 87 Buick GN - Video

Thanks for reading.

If you have a plate that reads "2NDSUCKS", you better make sure you have a car that is deep into the 10's at least. Anyone with a plate like that deserves to be beat!!!

Back