You can type here any text you want

3.5" Cat Available?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
Anyone know where I can purchase a 3.5" universal high-flow cat?
Conrad

John,
Thanks for your reply. I have Random cats on my 96 Impala (full-length headers w/custom cats) so I know their product. However, I have been all over their web site looking for a cat for my planned 3.5" downpipe for my GN. Their site is lacking to say the least. I see that they have two different 3.5" converters...7000 Series Round Race Metal Matrix 141-35000 but no dimensions and a 9000 Series Oval Ceramic but no PN or dimensions.

They don't even have an e-mail address for inquiries! I just called and left a message....got their answering machine and it gave their operating hours but didn't tell what time zone they are it! I don't know where area code 770 is!! Hopefully they will call back.
Conrad
Hot Air
North Carolina
704-983-2302

Good news. I called Random (East coast) this morning and talked to Clay and Dave. Both great guys. Random does have a 3.5" in/out cat utilizing latest technology (more efficient, more flow) metal matrix. It is a bullet style (round) and is 10.5" long and 4" OD (housing). The body of the cat is 6" long.
PN 141-35000. $241 plus shipping. Not bad at all! I hae ordered one.
Conrad

ps....The e-mail address (NOT on their web site) for Clay and/or Dave is: tech@randomtechnology.com

pss...The 4" in/out unit is PN 151-40000. I don't have a price or dimensions.

Conrad,

I was a little scared away by their web presence as well.
However one of our local member called them and had a very positive
experience like you did. Can you show me your new unit once you get it installed?

Back