You can type here any text you want

3.5'' or 4'' Dash speakers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RegalT-type85

I plan on getting new dash speakers, would like to buy one time only. I heard that 4'' speakers will drop right in, is this right?

Also fit 4x10s in the doors and get 6x9 rear deck with my amped 12' sub in truck.

Thanks

4'' will not drop in.It will go in but the speaker trim will not fit over it since the speaker will sit higher.The best thing to do is drop the dash and trim the hole bigger.GRAND nationals have 5.1/4 in the doors not 4x10.6x9 fit the rear deck you just need an adaptor plate. The best thing for you to do is a 5.25 in the door and mount the tweeter where the 3.5s are now.

I know most run 5.25'' on the door, I would want to use 4x10s instead with bass blockers. Althought now you got me thinking of using 5.25 for better sound :cool:. Anybody got pictures of 5.25' install? Pretty much, cut,run wires, drop in place that's it for the door speakers? Sorry, I forgot to mention my car didn't come with door speakers

As for the Dash speakers I'll get 3.5'' then. Where can I get 6x9 adaptors? local auto parts store?

a 5.25 in the door and 3.5 in the dash wouldnt really work good together since you will have to run full range which in my opinion will not sound good,but hey its your car.Its pretty straight foward as far as installing a 5.25 in the door all your really going to need is a holesaw and a good measurement.Just watch the window motor and wires.You can get them pretty much anywhere a 4.10 to 6x9 adaptor plate.

Back