You can type here any text you want

3.8 carb turbo with th350??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stk6bngr

hey guys im in need of some helpful info..

i found an ad with a 3.8 turbo engine complete with turbo and tranny. the guy says it has a th350 and its non fuel injected. my question which i hope someone can help with is:

is the non fuel injected 3.8 block the same block as the one used in the 86-87? any info is appreciated...

Technically no the blocks are not the same. All Buick V-6s interchange to a point though. Much like a SBC, parts interchange with no problems. The way I look at this question is, Buick had a different block casting for every year. Really they did if you look at the casting numbers. With each year or new casting number they made small improvements making each succeding casting a little bit better. The 86-87 109 casing is considered the epitome of blocks as far as overhaul strength goes. So yes the block is the same. No it is not as strong as a IC block. The good thing is that all of the turbo motors used the same beefed up crankshaft.

Back