You can type here any text you want

30 Amp fuse keeps blowing out

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttypewhite

What causes this? I was driving home from work on Friday and the brake light came on. 3 stops later and the brakes went stiff as a board. I got the car home and checked the fuse. It was blown. So Saturady I replaced it and the light went away. Today( Sunday) I took the family to chruch and when I got home the light came back on again. Checked the fuse. Its blown. What causes this?

change the switch and the motor dont just change the motor youll keep blowing them out

Your brake pump is most likely running to long tring to maintain pressure.Bad accum charge is most common but motor may be weak also.The phenolic blades in those things dont live for ever.

The motor does not run on. The motor seems fine. I am going to change the switch first and see how that goes. Then I am going to trice the wires from the motor and switch to make sure it has no breaks in it where it can be grounding out.

Here's what's going on...if you don't have a short in the wiring.

The motor is running too much, too long, whatever you want to call it. It is overheating and drawing too much current. The drive motor has no cooling ability. The fuse is blowing and saving what's left of the electrical portion of the motor. The high pressure side of the PM is not holding the pressure long enough to keep the motor usage down within acceptable specifications. It can be the pressure switch, the Accumulator ball, the pump, or the seals within the PM cylinder.

Run some diagnostics...here is a good starting point:
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/brakes/brakespage.html
Read everything relating to the PM troubleshooting. It may save you from throwing parts at it you don't need. It should also help you find the root cause of the problem.

HTH

Thanks for the reality slap. Now I have got some homework to do. :smile:

Back