307 H.O. W/Superchip Problem

L

Limited86

I have a 1986 Buick Regal Limited which i recently put a 307 H.O. in to replace a blown 307. The car runs great and has been for a few months. Recently though I put the original 442 ECM with a super chip in it, i got this computer with the engine. Upon doing this the "Service Engine light" began to come on. Sometimes it comes on after a few min of driving, other times, it may take awhile. I lose power when it does come on. I tested the computer and the code I got back was that the Throttle positioning sensor was to high or bad. The car I got the engine, carb, computer from was a friends and this never happened while the engine was in that car or while i had the stock 37 computer on the H.O. engine. Can anyone tell me what this may be from and how i can fix or trouble shoot it? Thanks

the 307 and 307HO *computer* are the same. the *chip* in the computer may be different though. if your original computer worked fine, use that and put your super chip in that one. if it starts spazzing out, its probably the chip thats messed up. if not it was a faulty 'puter

my computer not hooked up no more in my 442 !!

runs alot better without it and all the crap that goes with it

if you want a stock 442 chip or whole damn thing i might can help you out i will never need it again....
btw mines an 86....later...RED

I put the original 307 computer in with the original chip it came with and now the "service engine light" is on for that computer also. I get the same toruble code with it for the throttle positioning sensor. Could i have burnt out the sensor by changing computers, i have noticed an unsteady idle speed, i get an acceleration sound then deceleration. this is with both computers now. On idle the throttle sensor volts are reading .24-.28. Any help is appreciated before i spend money on new sensors. Thanks again people

on top of the carb where the pump arm is look under it and see if other than the pump is a rod sticking up and check that it works freely by taking a small screw driver and pushing the rod down to the top of carb and see if it springs back up

i have seen alot of them brake off but that should give a too low code

you can also hook up scan tool or probe tps plug with a volt meter and with the key on engine off work the trottle open and shut and watch the readings sometimes they go bad and read correct at idle but right at cruize throttle possition they get worn and read incorrect

check it out and let us know
BTW: if they realize this aint turbo car related they will move it to the lounge so dont get upset if it happens....cool

actually you might wanna check out the before black section since them cars have carbs like yours.. and they got some pretty smart fellers and femailers over there -> or maybe it was over there <- :)

once again, Turbo Buick Tech Only. Red is right, I think the "before black" section can help you out a bunch. I'm moving this thread over there. Good luck.