You can type here any text you want

325-50-15's on 12'' wide wheels question...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
I know that with a notched frame, the most popular choice for tires and wheels are 325-50-15's mounted on 10'' wide wheels...but I'm wondering if these tires could be used on 12'' wide wheels?...Has anyone ever tried that? :confused:
I'm asking this because right now, I have some 10'' wide Billet Specialties ''Street Lites'' wheels with 4.5'' of rear spacing and some 275-60-15's, and plan to have the frame notched this spring. I'm pretty sure that the 4.5'' r.s. won't be enough (and that I'll probably put them up for sale) if I want to use some 325's so before ordering new wheels with the correct r.s. (5.5''), I wanted to know if I should stay with 10'' wide or go to 12'' wide...

Thanks,

Claude. :wink:

Hey Claude it is NOT a Superstocker;):p Small motor =small tire:eek:

Kevin

The tire will fit the rim no problem, not sure if it will fit under the car with a 12" wheel though.

Largest i ever put in the back ,no mod's was a 28x12 an 1/2, m/t sportmans pro on Eniki centerline looking 15 x 8 1/2 rim that came from my 73' Camaro (fronts where 14x6)Riding any more then two people,forget it!

hellobozos-albums-frames-shame-picture3315-my-gn-28-12-1-2s-no-frame-mods-wheels-came-73-camero-enki-15-8-1-2s-14-5s-no-riding-people-back-seat.jpg

Enjoy!

Hey Claude it is NOT a Superstocker;):p Small motor =small tire:eek:

Kevin

:biggrin:...but it'd look awesome on the street! :eek:

and

Otto J said:
The tire will fit the rim no problem, not sure if it will fit under the car with a 12" wheel though.

Yeah, that's why I was asking, but haven't had an answer from someone who's actually done this. :redface:

Claude.

Back