You can type here any text you want

350 Olds

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87 Bagged Regal

Hello im new to this site, im currently doing a motor swap on my 87 regal and i was wondering if any one could run the numbers on the block for me or tell me how, the numbers above the water pump were 395558 2, i was told it was a 1970 rocket 350 want to make sure. but if anyone has any info please help..thanks

i found a web site Olds FAQ -- Blocks that had every thing for this motor,,their #6 heads and the number on the block is 395558 2, pulled the intake and heads and noticed a recessed pocket in middle of deck, looked like a drain hole, but it also had ruff edges like it was chipping away. also their were shavings on deck and oil pan, checked all cylinder walls nothing gouged all looked good but cant figure it out.should i check the cam and crank bearings, oh it wasnt metal shavings more gritty didnt look like glitter

Yeah Its might be a 70' block. I'm pretty sure my block has the same number they all came from 68-72' cars but I could be wrong. The website you found is probably the best out there.

they have alot of stuff to say about the motor, im just worried that something is wrong inside, gonna have to finish tear down tonight

Back