You can type here any text you want

4.1 what's it worth?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86GN-862+2

Ok so I found one of these animals. It has been sitting for years under a shop with no windows. Surface rust all over and frozen cam and lifters. No Crank but does have the main caps. Just a block as described. Looks rebuildable. Cylinder walls show very slight ridges at the top. How much would it be worth? and what oil pan works on it(odd fire?) Thanks!

Is this info accurate? How is the valve STEM seals problem addressed? :confused: Just can't think of what a valve pushrod seal is.

....." 4.1
In response to rising gas prices, a larger 252 cu in (4.1 L) version of the 3.8 L LD5 V6 was produced from 1980 through 1984 and marketed as an alternative to a V8. The bore was enlarged to 3.965 in (100.71 mm), yielding an output of 125 horsepower (93 kW) and 205 lb·ft (278 N·m). This engine was used in many large rear-wheel drive Buicks, and in some models from each of GM's other divisions, including Cadillac which offered the "big" Buick V6 in several models from 1980 to 1984 as a no-cost option to the troublesome V8-6-4 engine used in 1981 and early versions of the aluminum-block Cadillac HT-4100 V8 introduced in 1982. It was also the standard powerplant in the front-drive Riviera and Olds Toronado from 1981 to 1984. Additionally, the 4.1 block was used unsuccessfully at Indianapolis for racing. Its only weakness was the intake valve pushrod seals...."

Thanx for the link, would love to find me a 4.1 someday when I have the time. :cool:

Back