4.3 question

87lightweight

not much going on in the sy ty section so i thought i would ask here,
i have a 2000 s10 with a 4.3 is there much difference in this motor and the 4.3's in the sy's?
is it possible to turbo the newer 4.3?

hey scott great write up!
how big of a turbo and how much boost could you get away with on the stock bottom end?
my truck has about the same miles.
here is what i have to work with (yes i will be changing the wheels :rolleyes: )
thanks steve

s101.jpg.jpg

Bad looking ride.... !!!!! I like it!

Well.. We are just using the stock turbo at this point and running 11psi.

I'm sure you can run a upgraded turbo and run more boost but your going to be limited on 93 since the Vortec engines are not 8.5-1 compression.
With the vortec heads they tend to detonate less and make alot more power.

There's other guys on SyTy/SGT Forums that have run the vortec bottom ends but they are using the stock Sy/Ty ECM... I actually like the OBD2 better for some things. (Long story to explain)
Send me a e-mail anytime.
I'm sure with just the Typhoon setup on it and under 15psi you'd be in the 12's easy.
~Scott

not much going on in the sy ty section so i thought i would ask here,
i have a 2000 s10 with a 4.3 is there much difference in this motor and the 4.3's in the sy's?
is it possible to turbo the newer 4.3?

Yes it is possible...My friend is a mechanic and installed one on his truck on the exhaust in the rear of the truck and the thing is wicked fast!! 4.3
He uses methonal injection and bought a tuner for it also...

He actually just left my house and we were trying to organize my stuff I will need to install the same turbo set-up on my 4.3 powered van,I cant wait to tear a mustang up in my work van!!
pictures227.jpg