You can type here any text you want

4 bar map?

• Thread starter Thread starter AEkrot
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
A

AEkrot

I have a 3 bar MAP sensor right now.

I have a new pro-charger that makes over 30 psi of boost.

How does the FAST system compute how much fuel to use when you are off the top of the VE table?

Is a 4 bar MAP sensor available?

If so, is a FAST ECU/WP upgrade available to work with it?

Alex

From what i have read the 4 bar map sensor will be aval. for the fast at a later date

as for boost over 30 psi the fast uses the last line of the table

I believe this is correct

I believe it carries the highest #, just like it would carry the same value for RPM.

Originally posted by meach13
From what i have read the 4 bar map sensor will be aval. for the fast at a later date

as for boost over 30 psi the fast uses the last line of the table

I believe this is correct

It should be able to work for the FAST...the computer just needs to be modified. I know of a supra owner who is using FAST and is using a 5 bar map sensor and he said that he had to have FAST modify the box

The ECU doesn't need to be modified. It just needs a newer version of C-Com WP to work with 4 and 5 bar sensors.

We have a working version that supports 4 and 5 bar sensors. It will be released soon!

Originally posted by Craig Smith

We have a working version that supports 4 and 5 bar sensors. It will be released soon!

Craig,
Can i use the Kalvico 5 bar map sensor in 4 bar mode for better resolution? I doubt i will ever need the sensor to read more than 35 psi.

Thanx
Max
93 Supra turbo

Yes, but you won't get any additional resolution. Where a 5 bar sensor would use, say, 0.5 to 4.5 volts from one end of the other, the same sensor would be used from 1.0 to 4.0 volts in a 4 bar application. You gain nothing.

We have talked to a zillion people who claim to have a real 4 bar sensor but as far as we are concerned they don't exist. They are just 5 bar sensors used in the manner described above.

there is an honest 3.5 bar sensor made by Kavlico...

0.5V = 0kPa = -14.7psi
4.5V = 345kPa = 35.3psi

i would imagine that this is about the perfect sensor for all high boost applications (besides race teams that might run 40+ psi)...

in my opinion, the big thing that the FAST needs to work with these higher range sensors is assignable load breakpoints... in other words, allow the user to assign a voltage/pressure to each row in the fuel and timing tables... right now, i hesitate to use the 3-bar map w/my FAST because there is so little resolution in the drivability range (30-80kpa)... it would be nice to spread half of the rows out over that area and then the remaining half over the boosted area that you actually use....

Back