4" kicker ks400's fitment issues

GW2

Well I started installing my new stereo system today (ks400's in dash, ks690's in rear deck.) the rear 6x9's will fit fine once i get the adapter and i got the new deck installed no problem but my 4" kickers (which i was told by a lot of people on here would fit) dont. they're about 1cm (1/2 inch) too tall. they sit on the airflow ducts for the vents. any ideas on how to make them fit? oh and on a side note i got the stock speakers out (with some difficulty) but does anyone know of a way to screw the new fronts down without removing the windsheild? i'm not entirely opposed to doing that but first i need the speakers to fit i guess.

Thanks for the help guys!

They sell screwdrivers at almost all parts stores (I know O'Reilly's for sure) that are shaped like a Z and will fit between the windsheid and speaker

I'm in canada so I dont have the same stores but I'm sure i can find that. thanks! and does Gary K have an account here or an email adress i can contact him at?

Did you figure out how to get the 4" speakers to fit? I am thinking about getting some for my car.

No I havent gotten them to fit yet. i got a ratcheting screw driver that fits but the speakers dont sit down enough they hit the airflow ducts for the vents. I could still use a hand with this if anyone knows a way.