?4 Q form kickpanel users

Powder

I'm currently trying to install a set of q form kick panels and curious how to seal them. It seems impossible to seal all the gaps between the edges of the panels and the car body. Any tips or suggestions from anyone that has them. TIA.

mlh

I have not bothered to seal any of the ones I've done installs with. But all the kicks I've installed have only contained mids and tweets. I do think they would need to be sealed if running a mid-bass. The weather stripping BOOSTEDGNs suggested should work to seal the edges that are against metal, but will not help on the bottom edges against the carpet. It would be better to seal against the metal in the kick panel, but you would need alot of buildup. Sorry, I don't seem to be much help on this one.

Thanks for the replies. 6APPEAL, your comments actually are very helpful because it seems like common practice to use them with a minimum of sealing. I am running a component set of tweets and mids but felt that an airtight seal would produce the best results. After getting into the project it looks impossible for an amateur installer like myself to seal all of the irregular shapes. I'm hoping the sound quality will be better than the 5.25" 2-ways I installed in the CSII door location.
Thanks again for the help.

mlh

Just be sure to use some dynamat on the back sides of the Q-forms. It will help with damping the resonance vibration from the mid. Doesn't take much, but it helps ALOT! The Q-forms are also kinda of flimsy, so if you bump them with your feet alot they could cause the basket of your 5 1/4 to flex causing them to sound blown. I found this out with my Image Dynamics 5 1/4 mid/tweet set (the basket of the mid is flimsly).

actually if you look at crutchfield for example you will see they have cup like insulators that would work for your application Ive used these in doors to isolate separates so in your case would ween out the need to seal the pods hope this is on topic with what your trying to accomplish

I am familiar with the insulating cups from Crutchfield and I may try them if the sound isn't as good as I'm hoping. Right now the challenge is to find a way to repair/replace the mid component that my screwdriver pierced while I was installing. Ever hear of an adhesive that would heal a wound in the rubber surround of the cone?

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

MLH

Those cup like insulators are (XTC) foam speaker baffles they are used for free air application or blocking off water in door panel speakers. Another way you can put a cap (bass blocker) and you won't need to seal up the kick pannel