You can type here any text you want

413turbo - 1986 GN Project

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I like your tinted lights. I had my tail lights tinted for a while but they were nowhere near as bright as yours are when they are turned on. I ended up taking mine off because I did not feel safe driving with such dim lights. You have come up with a good paint mix because the lights still look fairly bright.

I like your tinted lights. I had my tail lights tinted for a while but they were nowhere near as bright as yours are when they are turned on. I ended up taking mine off because I did not feel safe driving with such dim lights. You have come up with a good paint mix because the lights still look fairly bright.

i have had about 10 people stand behind me, they all say they can see the lights and brakes just fine. i haven't done any headlights yet, but their is a local guy wanting to be the test dummy? btw, that isn't just thin paint- it's got some goodies in it too. i melted a light from the junkyard trying to get it right. but it is regular deltron3000 clearcoat. this weekend i'm gonna try to make a "shade board". also, i saw the led conversion for our cars, i'm hoping they'll hurry up and get all light led kits out, i think i'd get one then....

ok, with the shifter and interior getting done- time to tackle the console. i ended up with 3 consoles, but let's face it- they over 20years old and not in the best shape. so, i took them all apart and made 1 decent console from the parts. i tried really hard to put a chrome looking stripe on it also.

DSCN0500.jpg

DSCN0504.jpg

DSCN0508.jpg

DSCN0509.jpg

DSCN0510.jpg

DSCN0511.jpg

DSCN0512.jpg

ok, here's the rear brakes. i was playing around in the driveway with about 5-7#'s of bost and this happened to te rear brake.

DSCN0380.jpg

after much thought, i decided to retain the stock cylinders for the time being. i had the large pads from raybestos on, but pep boys said they couldn't honor a lifetime warranty on a part sold 10-12 years ago:mad: so i ended up having to buy 2 sets of shoes from advance, they had the bendix (i think oem).

DSCN0403.jpg

and of coarse, everything was painted and pruddied up some, had the drums turned and measured, i can get a few more turns in them, then it's aluminum probably.

DSCN0410.jpg

after checking the front brakes, it was found that i need new rotors and pads. the old ones didn't have any meat left on the outside half.

DSCN0422.jpg

DSCN0420.jpg

DSCN0436.jpg

DSCN0439.jpg

i'm not using the same paint for any of this. i've got several different types of paint. i found the rear dust shield to be galvanized, so it didn't any paint.

got a set of u.s.a. made wagner rotors, and performance friction z-rated pads. lots of bleeding, and a refill with dot-4 fluid.
working on these cars is nuts. for the back brake the line takes an 11mm and the bleed takes a 5/16? front bolts are 3/8 and the bleed is 10mm. the same part s.a.e.and metric- was this a joke by gm or what??

ok, it's sunday- and i am bored:o haven't posted in awhile so here's the front seat redo.

DSCN0517.jpg

the rails had to have alot of rust removed.
DSCN0514.jpg

DSCN0521.jpg

DSCN0520.jpg

i went with the jax leather, i love it. you'll notice a bunch of wrinkles where the black and grey meet. those aren't there anymore. i had to loosen the hold-downs and that took care of them. i've never done any interior work like this before, so this was my learning experience. the jax kit wasn't really hard to do, and i love love the results.

i'm still waiting on a tag, or i'd be out in it on this beautiful day.

the interior is pretty much done, i got some go fast parts i'm just dying to install. and the body i'm gonna tackle one panel at a time. just waiting on that tag:mad:

looking great and i like the leather too! its different this is the first time ive seen it

Back