You can type here any text you want

5.25" and 6.5"(door) recommendations

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PaulBZ65

likes g-bodies
What brand/model 5.25" speakers do you with upgraded (over stock) speakers recommend?

I'm not a serious *audiophile* but will be running my front 3.5" RF's in parallel with the door 5.25"s(whatever I choose) and Pioneer 6960 6x9's in rear off a Pioneer 4 channel amp. Probably will get 2 way crossovers to go between the front 3.5"s to almost make them the *tweeter*.

I also work at Best Buy so I'm pretty much going to buy something they carry since I get more than half off the retail price. They just dropped RF 5.25"s and the better Pioneer 5.25"s :(. Kenwood, and a couple Sony's and the lower Pioneer are left. I'm open to buying elsewhere but not willing to spend a ton either. Just curious what you guys have been happy with :).

I might just get 6.5"s as well, still on the fence. I have to cut my doors anyways and it doesnt take much to make the 6.5"s fit the door panels. So if anyone has a good brand/model of 6.5"s feel free to share that too :D.

Buy the 5 1/4s that sound good to you...

6 1/2s are NOT a drop in. Just cutting the door doesn't do it either...They are tricky and involved to get them in the door (build out, redo the grill cover, usually have to cut the outer panel too depending on which 6.5 you go with)..

Thanks for the reply. I test fitted a 6.5" Pioneer with a CSII panel that I am replacing(keeping the pod) since it has some damage. Just some trimming and using a Geo Metro 6.5" door bracket and it fit ok and the pod cleared over it. I did not test fit it with a door, will do that once I get one of mine out of storage finally. So there is a big problem with the door mounting? So far the panel part *seems* ok....I took some pics that I wil finally get up soon I hope.

Wondering if the 6.5" will sound much better than a 5.25" to make the mods worth it...

Just do a good quality 5.25" in the door, they sound just fine. I had Polks in my T-type playing off the radio, no amp. Sounded great.

Back