You can type here any text you want

5.7 TurboTweak Street Chip with Alky?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Justin85

Okay so I just finished my Install of the AlkyControl kit. Currently I have the Turbo Tweak 5.7 Street 93-94 octane chip. What would I basically have to do to make this into a alky chip.. for example if its all in the regular location of 128 128 128 128...What would be some good numbers to change to start off. Btw I plan for about 22 pounds of boost as my goal.

My combo is a TE-44/ 42lb injectors/ hotwire n pump/ regulator / stock MAF/ AlkyControl

Alky chips have more timing programmed into them--- So add some timing to it.
they also have less fuel since you are using alky (a Fuel) --- So some leaning out would also have to be done.
I would work on the tune VERY carefully.
set your alky to 6 as Julio usually says.
take it for a run and start pulling fuel out from the chip until the numbers start to look good.
I would not touch the timing until you have the fuel close to where you want it.
I have also been told by a few guys to leave or bring the timing down to 18* in third gear and crank up the boost as it would be safer and the higher boost would make more power over timing.
good luck take it slow and baby steps.
ALSO don't forget to prime the alky every time you get in the car - or you will end up with a very expensive reminder.

You can probably use that chip but it may be a little rich down low when the alky comes in. May have to pull out some 1st gear fuel. On that combo you can add timing to get to 23/21 or more 1st/2nd3rd gear timing but you could start running into transitional knock issues on the street with a quick spooling turbo. A dedicated alky chip will initially pull a little timing once you go WOT to give the alky a little time to get flowing. Playing around with some of the alky box settings can help get around that by making the alky start a little sooner (lower turn on) while keeping the initial setting on the low side (say 10-11 o'clock) while running the main gain knob higher than 6. This will make the alky come in a little sooner at a lower rate but have the same flow by the time you get well into boost.

If you have higher timing and go WOT on the street you run the risk of having high boost and timing without the alky fully being there yet on a street chip. Always priming your alky (hit the test button and verify the O2s go rich) before going WOT will help. Or at least prime it once in a while while street driving after initial startup and if you haven't been into boost in a while while cruising.

Thank you for the advice and help guys so would it be a little safer to just suck it up and get a alky chip for my baseline? The thing that sucks is I'm not sure what converter the car has and what brand my injectors are.. So I don't know how I will be able to send out my info to Eric for a new chip. I think on my torque converter if I find D5 or something like that its stock?

Thank you for the advice and help guys so would it be a little safer to just suck it up and get a alky chip for my baseline? The thing that sucks is I'm not sure what converter the car has and what brand my injectors are.. So I don't know how I will be able to send out my info to Eric for a new chip. I think on my torque converter if I find D5 or something like that its stock?

You should be fine, the only big difference is the timing being pulled for to get rid of the transitional knock and you can tune most if that out. I ran some of my best times on alky with a regular 93 street chip. The chips are fully adjustable and you should learn how to tune with them anyway to get the most out of them and be safe.

If you have a street car with a 93 chip and add alky it does replace some fuel. So you would need a new chip if you were running the same boost. But with alky, you'll be running more boost and need more fuel, so that original street chip won't be that far off. You can add more timing through the chip, just watch out for the transitional knock as you add more timing.

Back