You can type here any text you want

5in back spacing rear ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

6shot

At this time I have wheels with 4.5in bs on my 87 GN and it looks like I have at least 1 more inch of clearance to the frame on rear side I am going to install 9.5 at the rears and will be asking for 5in bs do I need to check anything else for rubbing or is it just at the frame on the rear side?? I have no issues on fender side at this time.

Thanks

At this time I have wheels with 4.5in bs on my 87 GN and it looks like I have at least 1 more inch of clearance to the frame on rear side I am going to install 9.5 at the rears and will be asking for 5in bs do I need to check anything else for rubbing or is it just at the frame on the rear side?? I have no issues on fender side at this time.

Thanks

I have 4.75 backspacing on my Simmons, and know another board member is running 4.875 inches of backspacing (http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...wheels/246797-new-simmons-install-t-car.html). Five inches of backspacing might be getting really close to the frame. Group A Wheels is very good with backspacing on Regals - you might want to call them.

Rob

i also have a 4.75 bs but im using a 9.5 wheel with 275/40/17 tire. not sure
if you going to have more room in the back,i can't evan run a pencil between
the wheel and frame.up front im running 8 wheel with 4bs 245/45/17

be safe and just go with the 4.75 bs.some guys are running 4.75bs with 315 tires.

4.75" BS on a 9" wheel with 275/40's as well. 5" BS would certainly give me trouble......especially under suspension travel. If you think you can fit 'em just break out the rulers and double check before ordering. ;)

10'' wont work on my gn,could be because the rear end is'nt straight/plumb
from the factory

I have also been researching backspacing with 17/9.5 wheels. From what I seen 4.75 or 4.875 is the most that can be run with stock framerail(no notch) I just ordered my rear wheels in 4.75 backspace. I'm gonna try and fit 295/45/17 et street radial. If it won't fit I know the 275/40/17 will fit. Hope this helps.

also keep in mind that the treads on the tires will make it or break it.What im saying is too tall of treads could cause some rubbing on like the low pro file treads on the tire.Here are some tire brands that you can look into.Im running the falcon 452 summer tires all around which are pretty good.they are a low profile tread pattern which seems to work for me
nittos
falcons
dunlups
bfg

I test fit a set of Alumastars size 15x10 with 5" backspacing and it was VERY close to the frame. Probably around 1/4" and this was without tires.

Back