You can type here any text you want

60 Foot Times

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mojilla

Went to the track this weekend. I was wondering what you guys do to get good 60 foot times? I was getting 1.78 and 1.76 all day long. I have a 28x11.5x16 et street and I am hooking pretty good. I would like to stay away from a t-brake. I leave of off the e-brake. The car went 11.80@116 mph. I think if I could get my 60's down to 1.6, it would put me in the 11.6 range. Would any suspension mods help? If so what kind? It is stock suspension.
THANKS Joe

1. Start with around 12 to 14 psi in your slicks.
2. unhook or totally remove your front sway bar
3. put an air bag in the PASSENGER side rear spring($50) w/ around 20 to 25 psi in it.
4. Dont do a john force burn out. Pull through the water box and do your burn out out of the water. Do your burny with the car locked in 2nd gear get the tires spinning and count 1 thousand 1 one thousand two....till you get to 4, then let up and roll out.
5. try launching at 5psi and go up from there. 5 psi w/ slicks should be absolutely no problem at all.
6. watch your fueling, if your to rich on the bottom end your spool will come on too slow after you launch. Also dont floor the car when your trying to build up launch boost. If you dont floor it you shouldnt go into fuel enrichment mode. This will help keep it a little leaner and will help you build boost easier.
7. dont build your launch boost and just hold it there. have your boost climbing when you let it go. basically have your turbo already in excelerate mode when you cut it loose. You dont need big boost to launch hard, you need the turbo excelerating to launch hard.

Try this stuff if you like it may help you. I sixty in the 1.4's with 9" slicks leaving off the foot brake at 8 to 10 psi. This is in my 3600# TTA with 3.25 gears

HTH: Jason
Launches at 15#'s and spraying N.O.S coming soon! Whats funny is that I was close to yanking the drivers side REAR tire last time out (doing 8 psi and no nos).

Jason, are you shure you have a drivers side air bag and nothing else .

I ran two in my Z28 and had like 12psi in DS and 20psi in the pass. side. Ran 11.80's pulling front drivers wheel 6in.

Bo

I only had air in the passenger side air bag. I had probs and ran out of time so never had a hose hooked up to the drivers side to try air in that one. I dont think I'm going to mess with it either. My neph got a pick of me taking off from the drivers side. Sitting still my car has about 1" between rear fender well and top of the slick. The pic of the launch shows about a 4" gap on the drivers rear wheel so I'm twisting bad and lifting up on the whole drivers side of the car.

..........OH **** I just thought of some thing!

I dont have a rear sway bar in the car right now! That had sliped my mind completely. I had my car apart for 18 months and it was a fiasco trying to get it running to take it to bowling green. That probably has a huge effect on air bag set up and why I'm twisting so bad...................I got to many irons in too many fires to keep up on every thing.

I need a holiday! Jason

Edited my first post............PASSENGER side air bag, not drivers side.

Thats what happens when you do a copy paste. you make the same mistake twice.

Jason

If you are still twisting that bad after installing the rear bar, you might want to consider weld in sub fram connectors. Has worked great wonders on our othder thirdgens. I have not installed them on my TTA, but my brother has a High 12 sec 355 4BBL 350 and he went from 13.3 to 12.9 by just installin the sub frame connectors. 60' went frm 1.9's to 1.8's.. an gained .3 to .4 at then end of the track from being able to launch harder once he ajusted to havin them. Same technique as he used without them netted a 13.1 as opposed to the 13.3... he reved another 500 RPM (leaving at 3000 now instead of 2500) and got the 12.9. He runs a 2800-3000RPM stall on a N/A engine.. not a bad $300 investment

Originally posted by Kyle F
If you are still twisting that bad after installing the rear bar, you might want to consider weld in sub fram connectors. Has worked great wonders on our othder thirdgens. I have not installed them on my TTA, but my brother has a High 12 sec 355 4BBL 350 and he went from 13.3 to 12.9 by just installin the sub frame connectors. 60' went frm 1.9's to 1.8's.. an gained .3 to .4 at then end of the track from being able to launch harder once he ajusted to havin them. Same technique as he used without them netted a 13.1 as opposed to the 13.3... he reved another 500 RPM (leaving at 3000 now instead of 2500) and got the 12.9. He runs a 2800-3000RPM stall on a N/A engine.. not a bad $300 investment

Sub frame connectors are a must for our cars also. Love mine.

Originally posted by stevemon
Hey! Happy Birthday Mark! (are you over the hill yet?)
BTW, Hope you can bring your car to Noble Oct 25th for the Buick-Ford race. It's a real hoot and free to race for all out of state Buicks.
(And besides all that, we might need you to assist with all those Rustang nitrous explosions. :D )

Iwas over the hill about 5 years ago!:D

I will be bringing both the turbo car and the big block car to Noble. My bib block car is only running 13.40's, so I don't know if I'll be running it, but it will be there for moral support!

I could not, in good concscience, extinguish a burning Mustang.....sorry!:D

Originally posted by Kyle F
If you are still twisting that bad after installing the rear bar, you might want to consider weld in sub fram connectors.

Postals car has them. I was there when they where put on.

Postal thanks for the help. I put about 25-30 psi in my air bag,
and installed a line lock so my brakes will not get hot during the burn out.
I did one pass with out any air in air the bag, went 1.75 60 and then put about 30 psi in air bag and went 1.61 60.
Thanks

WOOT! good job

Did you get a burn out procedure down and all that stuff? Did she feel like she grabbed good and hard?

Jason

Originally posted by mojilla
Went to the track this weekend. I was wondering what you guys do to get good 60 foot times? I was getting 1.78 and 1.76 all day long. I have a 28x11.5x16 et street and I am hooking pretty good. I would like to stay away from a t-brake. I leave of off the e-brake. The car went 11.80@116 mph. I think if I could get my 60's down to 1.6, it would put me in the 11.6 range. Would any suspension mods help? If so what kind? It is stock suspension.
THANKS Joe

part of the problem is the tire you have its 28" tall it kills your gearing even more i know i have to change my gears because i need to run the tall tire for the power my car dead hooked on the 28 tall tire with a 20psi t-brake launch and all i got was a 1.54 launch on a 10.4@129.97 passmy formula has same tire 3.73 gears and goes 1.49 60 ft with a 10.6@126 proper gearing helps get the weight moving you can do one of 2 things switch to bettergearing in the 3.50 range or go for a 26inch tire that will help get the 60 fts down if you leae with good boost

george

I got mine from ATR but I think you can get them cheaper through summit.

HTH: Jason

Back