You can type here any text you want

Looking for slip yoke options

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mblum

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
What options do we have for a high strength 2004r slip yoke for the stock u-joint size?

I picked up a 3.5 steel drive shaft locally last year and had new u-joints(stock size) and a Neapco slip yoke installed. I only have a handful of passes on it and the times are in my sig. 60ft in the 1.56 to 1.58 range.

While doing some other work to the car today I had to remove the driveshaft, and it wouldn't slide forward making it a pain to get off. I knew something was wrong and sure enough the splines are twisted.

I have the car running much better than it was when I ran the times in my sig, I'm hoping to drop 3 tenths and push the 60ft harder here in a few weeks when the track opens, but I need soothing that will hold up.

What are my best options here?

Option 1:
I still have the stock driveshaft, are those good for low 1.5 60 ft?

Option 2:
Find a stronger slip yoke for this 3.5" driveshaft that I have.

Option 3:
Get an aftermarket drive shaft with upgraded parts and replace the yoke on the rear as well and be done with it?

I don't plan to race this car extensively, but would like to a few times a year.
20240329_175908.jpg

20240329_175830.jpg

20240329_175844.jpg

The U-Joint is the weak spot, not the yoke.

Find a yoke and pinion that upgrades you to the 1350s, get a driveshaft made to take them, fuggedaboutit.

I put a Denny's 3" nitrous ready in my car .

I'm going to give them a call on Monday.

Thanks fellas!

Back