600 miles from home and won't run!!

v8eater

I'm $oooo broke..
Okay...heres the deal. I bought a GN that was running in TX. The truck driver got there to pick it up today and it won't run (continously). They have to spray starter fluid or brake cleaner into the intake to make it run. Now I trust the seller so that question is out of the picture.
The seller installed a new tank, pump(didn't hotwire it though),plumbing, and they said it had fuel pressure and it does run with the spray.
So what gives? Its got fuel pressure so I'm ASSuming that the fuel pump is running and the fuse/relay is good. Could it be injectors or a connector?
:mad: Man...I new I should have went and picked it up myself, but my wife is 8 1/2 monthes pregnant and ready to drop anyday.
So, anybody got a suggestion?

Thanks James L.

Yeah, sounds like a cam sensor might have gone out on it, that would explain no pulse. Could also be a fuse. Probe both wires on any fuel injector connector with a test light connnected to ground. Make sure the key is on when you do this. If there is no power on either wire than most likely the injector fuse is blown. A possibility is a miswired hot wire kit. Happened to me. Ended up blowing the injector fuse about two weeks after I put in my hotwire kit.

Also, is it possible your new car has a thrasher chip with the antitheft feature? Could be the problem if the driver does not know the starting sequence.