You can type here any text you want

6776 or 6765?!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

noneed4nos

KWICK 6
hey guys, alright I went to go order my turbo last night and I was reading through the forums and alot of guys on here are leaning towards the 6765 BB turbo over the 6776 turbo, Whats the difference between these two and which one would you guys suggest for me to buy? Also which one requires more work put into the car as well
Thanks

I was trying to decide the same thing myself not to long ago and decided to go with the 6765bb. THe 6765 is suppose the replace the 6776 and uses the new HP65 turbine wheel but don't get me wrong the 6776 is also a great choice. As far as work put in the car both require water lines run if you go ball-bearing. What are your goals and lets see the rest of your combo.

The 6765 uses a turbine wheel that is an updated design of the 6776. Same size, new aerodynamics, better overall.

Edit: Are you going billet compressor?

My goals are wanting to runs 11/10's with the turbo setup. My setup isnt anything yet I just keep collecting parts right now. Injectors, fuel system, exhaust and intercooler and some other things too. I want the turbine billet wheel 6765 DBB h cover with 4' in and 3' out. Not sure which intercooler yet, any suggestions?

I was wondering the same thing would a precision stock location do this turbo justice? Grumpy says one of their cars went 9.90s with that intercooler...also
whats the procedure for running water lines?

The Precision stock location is rated for 750hp, it should be plenty for this turbo until you push it to its limits. If you want more, go with the Precision 950hp setup. 87GN, are you running the new 6765?

The Precision stock location is rated for 750hp, it should be plenty for this turbo until you push it to its limits. If you want more, go with the Precision 950hp setup. 87GN, are you running the new 6765?
Not yet im accumulating parts and gathering info to do my mods my car is stock at the moment i have a set of ported irons with ferrea valves some suspension goodies and a rollmaster timing chain so far i have about $3000 in my gn budget and i only wanna buy stuff once:biggrin:

Oooh gotcha. With $3k you could get a stock location IC and a 6765. What wastegate style are you planning to use?

Id like to use an internal gate for the stealth appearence but idk if ill be able to control the boost like i need to..what would you suggest? How about dp sizing rjcs 5 inch dp looks like overkill but according to them it was designed to control boost in a 9sec car and it has a stock style actuator im not planning on goin that fast more like mid high tens so idk im sure theres something that will fit the bill???? I have a buddy with a delta gate he will sell me if need be....

Yeah, the internal wont really control it very well. I know TR Custom Parts has 3 or 3.5" with external gates, thats what I would use. The external will let you run high boost when you need it, but keep the boost low when you dont really need it.

Yeah, the internal wont really control it very well. I know TR Custom Parts has 3 or 3.5" with external gates, thats what I would use. The external will let you run high boost when you need it, but keep the boost low when you dont really need it.
Thanks i apppreciate the info...:biggrin:

I am going with the new billet turbine wheel 6765 turbo with 4' in and 3' out H cover but im not sure what intercooler to go with. I do not want a stock one. Any suggestions for a good cheap front mount because that is the only IC i will put in. I def. want to be in the 11's mid 10's. Also i am going to put in a external waste and but not sure what down pipe size. I want it to be 4' into the turbo and 3' in coming all the way out through the whole exhaust. No downsizer collars Any suggestions guys?

Back