6870 BB Precision Ver 66 bb Turbonetics

Double-L

My post just got to big and I have been getting questions like well did you ever get it on, Do you like it so he is the deal, For the ones that know know or remember, My car

1987 grand national
JE with total seal filed rings
Champion GT1 aluminum heads
1.65 shaft mount rockers
Comp part # 69-400-8 Cam
Girdle
Egale Crank
Eagle H-Rods
Hemco plenum
Accufab 70mm throttle body
Big front mount Intercooler
83lb injectors
Meth Injection
Walbro twin pumps,
200 4r with the best All billet
PI 5 disk converter,lockup at 126 mph
3.42 gear
LT1 mass air meter with translator
4" cold air intake
Turbonetics CPT 66 BB turbo
TA performance headers
ATR 3" down pipe
Turbonetics delta gate mark II 6psi
Turbonetics boost controller-

The bearings went out of the Turbonatics so I was going to get a 6667 but the guy at Precision ask what the car was used for and what boost we run and we said 18-24 so he said you want to go faster and the guy working on the car said wouldn't hurt so he said go with the 6870 so we did, Most said I made a mistake, so here goes, They took the 66 off and put the 6870 on changed nothing else, The street car race was here so I entered my SSR in the 12.50 class and Jesse entered the Buick in the 10.50 class, He said from some run on the street this turbo spools as quick or quicker than the 66, The best we run on race fuel and alky spray was 10.40 at 131 with slicks on a good track, The car is full weight, AC street car, We was running pump gas and alky spray, We had to run drag radials and I had little hope for the 10.50 so when Jesse went out he was uneasy and took off at low rpms at 24 pounds of boost but the recall said it did hit 26 at one point and he said it seem to fall some and then took off it run 10.60 at 136+, He said no problems I will come off a little harder so time to race he was ahead so he hit the break at 1,000 ft and then back on the gas, He broke out 10.32 at 114, He said ^&*( If I knew that I would have stayed in it I just tossed one heck of a run, Hope this helps

What was to et and mph at the 8th? that will give you a indication as to where it would be going out the back door had he stayed in it. Post the details of your timeslip. That turbo is a bad mofo, I ran 9.85@140mph in my dad's full weight street car at 21psi with a 1.43 sixty foot. Turbonetics can not compare to this turbo.

That is a hard one on the 1/8th mile time and speed, It was printed light to start with and the time is gone the speed is 109 something, They sure don't wast the ink, My engine is a stock stroke We have a fast system we are going to put on it and a AMS boost controller, Thinking about bigger injectors and E85, How knows it is more of a street car