6's @ 99 in 1/8 with 100K stock motor!!!

G

GRAYGHOST

YEA!! Best time tonight after about 4 tune runs.......6.94 @ 99.13 with a 1.47 60', (footbraking). A 7.03 before and a 7.08 after with a passenger!

This car has 101K on the clock with only 100# valve springs done motor wise. Stock heads, cam, bottom end.....

I was running straight 110 octane, leaving at 3500 RPM's, which equated to 7 #'s boost. After the John Force burnout:D the 27" Hoosier quick time pros hooked!! If no one has ever felt a 1.40's 60, you need to find out! Damn that felt AWESOME!!

The boost gauge was registering 30# all the way:D Can you say pullin'!?! NO KNOCK WHAT SO EVER, not even a blip at shifts.

See combo below for mods.....now I have not had a chance to weigh the car yet, but it's got to be light, fiberglass hood, and bumpers. Aluminum bumper brackets, radiator support, radiator, removed A/C compressor, tensioner, and bracket for those replaced with the Champion delete bracket. LT1 starter, I yanked the cruise control, charcol canister, overflow bottles, put the battery in the trunk....replaced the power seat rack with a manual unit. Basically anything I saw that I did not have a need for, got gone.

Now I'm going to have the converter locked next time to see about that triple digit number!!!!

:cool: ........Hey, special thanks to Mike B. for tuning me in! You the Direct Scan Man!

thats hauling!

when i saw where you said stock motor, i was thinking stock everything. i was waiting for the catch of just a frame with a motor on it....

Originally posted by GRAYGHOST
YEA!! Best time tonight after about 4 tune runs.......6.94 @ 99.13 with a 1.47 60', (footbraking). A 7.03 before and a 7.08 after with a passenger!

Is that the turbo,I sold to ya? If it is I see it working out for ya.

Congrats on the new time!!:cool:

Good to hear those times!

GRAYGHOST

I almost have the same set up as you, except I don't have the converter yet and I'm running a ford power stroke I/C. Otherwise, I sure am hoping to have some times similar to yours when everything is done.

Right now we may be heading back to Iraq, so this is my delima, not much time to have fun lately:( But, I can say one thing, even with a stock converter this thing pulls like a fraight train:D I can only imagine what a 3600 stall will do:eek: What would that equate too in the 1/4 by the way?

Congrats again! :cool:

Ray

Good times man!! thats a ten second 1/4 mile for sure. :)

My stock long block ran a 6.90 @98.5mph on the pass in my sig.

Not a stock long block but the short block is bone stock. Champion ported irons and billet roller cam. My car ran 10.57 @ 127.1 mph on 25 lbs of boost and 26 degrees timing while weighing 3370 without me in it. On that pass it ran the 1/8th in 6.74 @ 103.3 mph. I keep it backed off now and run 10.90-11.10 on 20 lbs and 24 degrees......gotta keep it alive :)

Re: Re: 6's @ 99 in 1/8 with 100K stock motor!!!

Originally posted by 86gn
Is that the turbo,I sold to ya? If it is I see it working out for ya.

Congrats on the new time!!:cool:

Yes it is, and yes I would say it is working.....:cool:

You run 30 lbs of boost with a TE45A through original heads and head gaskets and you have no problems? What kind of timing?

Originally posted by Epitome
You run 30 lbs of boost with a TE45A through original heads and head gaskets and you have no problems? What kind of timing?

It's an extender 23/21 chip, with an additional 2 degress at base, so 25 down low, then 23 on the top. I also had my MAF setting 8% lean at WOT. My O2's where right at 800's, barely tickling 790's. Like I said it had NO knock, not even at shift points which I did not want anyway. Could probably be leaned out a little more with the straight 110 octane I was running, but I wanted to have a "safe" tune at 30 pounds..:eek: I contribute a lot of the success to having twin 340's in tank both hotwired and a reds voltbooster on the car, with 72 # squiters, so fuel supply is more than enough for the stock heads. Plus the car being light I think helps keep the car from "loading" on the big end.

Mike, that car is hallin' for what little is done to it. The weather was right and track conditions good. It was sure nice of the track owner to open the track for a selected few. Rodney and I were working on his car yesterday and as soon as we get his T dialed in, he plans on hosting another private track session for a selected few. Congrats again on the 6.9 timeslip! First I have seen, with my own eyes, honestly run 6.9's with factory long block and full frame TR.

Mike Banas
87GN

Hey Ghost,

Congrats on the great run.

It looks like you recently switched to the TE45a. What turbo were you running previously and how much did the change to the 45a buy you?

Thanks,

Jim

uuumm, not to be negative about things, but there is a considerable difference between running a number in the 1/8 and the 1/4

your motor was never under load in the 1/8

be careful if you run it out and good luck!

Originally posted by NC87GN
...Rodney and I were working on his car yesterday and as soon as we get his T dialed in, he plans on hosting another private track session for a selected few.

Mike Banas
87GN

Mike,

How about a few of us "select few" from Charlotte?? Can we come and play also? I'm still looking for that first 6-sec. 1/8mi. pass with my 18-psi, Amoco 93-octane tune.

K.

ummmm, not to be negative but there is also alot of difference in the amount of land and asphault between the 1/8 and 1/4 mile track.

never fails we can always count on your smart mouth, know it all comments

Originally posted by NCTURBOS
Mike,

How about a few of us "select few" from Charlotte?? Can we come and play also? I'm still looking for that first 6-sec. 1/8mi. pass with my 18-psi, Amoco 93-octane tune.

K.

I will ask next time I see him Keith.

Mike Banas