You can type here any text you want

6x9 adapters

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

incharge

Where can I buy a set of 6x9 adapters for my GN ?? Anybodyhere have a used set around? thanks, ED:cool:

My alpine's S's rub on the trunk rod's, Though With some bigass ty-raps I was able to pull the rods slightly off the speakers.

Did anyone else find them to be a pain in the ass to install?

all i can say is my grand am sounds better than my buick and it has factory with 35x4 power. my buick has pioneer 69s with adaptors and 50x4 mosfet it sounds marginal compared to the pontiac. nothing fit right and one rattles and sounds muffled like i have the windows down when they're up-go figure but its everyone's own opinion.

I have a set, but I would recommend cutting the 4x10 holes to fit the 6x9. The adapters just don't fit right. If you do get them in, the speakers are 1/3 covered with the metal plate.

ustaboost the reason your buick sounds like that is because the material that gm used on the rear deck is muffling the speakers. to cure that problem go to partsexpress.com and get some acoustic carpet take off the old material on the deck and get the med gray carpet and recover you wont believe the difference.just take the rear deck cover off and u wil see the difference.

Would there be a big difference in sound, 4x10's "vs" 6x9's with the adapter?
Will there be a big difference in sound, component "vs" non component?
I ask because all ive seen as far as 4x10's go is pioneer, kenwood, and memphis. Out of the 3 I think the kenwoods would probably be the best according to specs. but im no speaker pro by any means. Now for the 6x10's I seen a set of boston accoustic 6x9 component speakers for about $650. As well as a set of non component kickers as low as about $150.

Also, last question. Would cutting the rear deck to fit the 6x9s greatly reduce the value of my car?

Thanks in advance guys and soury for the story book of questions.

Bobby

please dont cut the rear deck i wouldnt dare buy a car with the rear deck cut up the deck barly holds a 4x10 and u are going to put a 6x9 there get the adapters i have them in my car the work pretty good just dont take the sound deadener out from behind the backseat

Back