You can type here any text you want

70 VW Bug 2276 stroker 200hp! cash? trades?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

seeyabye

It is time to part with my bug to make room and money for my other projects. I have a 70 VW standard bug. It has a brand new (less than 500 miles) 2276 stroker motor built by Headflowmasters in California. It has race ported and polished heads, Engle camshaft, Weber 48 ida race carburetors, full flow oiling system with external cooler, high volume fuel pump, 10:1 compression, Kennedy stage 3 clutch, Bosch 009 distributor with pertronix electronic ignition, BMD serpentine belt conversion kit, mandrel bent 1 5/8 primary exhaust headers and j tubes with Dynomax fat boy muffler, and much more. The car has a new adjustable front beam, front disk brake conversion kit,and new kyb shocks all the way around. I also have hundreds of dollars worth of brand new parts that I will include with the car. They are: full VDO gauge set, oil cooler fan and thermostat, Bugpack race shifter, electric fuel pump, new Kennedy cush-lock clutch disc, and several others. The cars fires right up with no trouble and drives reasonably well considering it is producing 5 times the power it originally came with. The current weak link of the car is that the transmission is still stock. With a conservative driver, this would not be a problem. However, with over 200hp on tap in a car that weighs so little, even a Monk would be tempted. I have over $8000 invested in this car and have not even started paint, body, or interior work. The car is quite solid with little rust. The original color was white, but apparantly the previous owner got a deal on Taxi-cab yellow, which explains the current color. The interior is not very nice, but still decent. Understand that this is a driving project, not a daily driver. It gets terrible gas mileage, and is designed for use with race fuel if you plan to drive it hard. It is a blast to drive and will easily eat my Mustangs lunch, but I highly recommend replacing the transmission with a fortified unit both to get the power to the ground,and also to keep from spewing parts all over the road. Asking $6000 or will consider interesting trades up or down. Sharif 919-697-7262. I almost forgot, NO JOYRIDES. For people seriously intersted in buying, I will gladly demonstrate the car. Have pics, but can't figure out how to post them.

Back